Question Getting a BSOD, after playing a game normally then getting strange noises afterwards

Z0xy

Commendable
Jun 5, 2019
My friend and I were playing a game normally, a few hours before he overclocked his GPU just a little bit (GTX 1050), GPU temps were totally normal about 30-40C. We saw no issues at all, until one time where his whole PC just crashed.

We just tough that it might've been a normal BSOD since it's a bit older PC and it happens sometimes. But then he tried booting his PC again and it just gave him another BSOD; saying "VIDEO DXG". Also, this font is capslock distorted. Meaning the half of the letters were uppercase and the other half were lowercase.

But that is not all, he tried resetting everything a couple more times, but it didn't work. Somehow after smacking his GPU a bit it kinda worked and he was able to boot up again but not for long for maybe like 10 minutes. The temps were normal and all, but it crashed again.

He tried booting his PC up with integrated GPU and it works normally without crashing.

This is the weirdest part of all of this. Is that he was able to get some sort of weird high-pitched noises in his headphones. This is really weird just have a look down below

Here is an unlisted youtube video of exactly that:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VZ2hOUJWoI

The windows system is also currently running on HDD.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050
MB: Asus P8h61-M LX2
RAM: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
PSU: 750W

Z0xy

Commendable
Jun 5, 2019
He has fixed the issue, the issue was the overclock, even tho the temps are the pretty much the same, something happened he reset the drivers and just underclocked his GPU a bit.