Getting a gpu

thebox458

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Just asking if anyone can answer my question. I basically have a small form factor pc which has a 90w power adapter. Just wondering if it's possible to get any budget priced dedicated gpu. I wonder if I can put in a Nvidia GT 1030 (TDP of 30W). I dont know if my pc can handle it because of the power supply/adapter...

Here's the link to my pc specs...
https://www.refurb4less.com/new-asus-k20bf-ca007t-desktop-amd-a8-6500-3-5ghz-6gb-1tb-windows-10/

(Exact same PC as I have right now. Scroll down for full specs)

EDIT*: If I cannot upgrade to a GPU, i'm probably going to upgrade my ram from 6GB to 12GB. (4GB+2GB right now, will upgrade to 4GB+8GB..)

Solution
There is a 90W power adapter and a 120W power adapter. You mentioned you have 90W one. I am not too sure but I think that is too tight. A RAM upgrade is not a bad idea, but I would not put in a card. It sounds risky. Maybe the GT 1030 might work, but I would not go beyond because it is too tight.
There is a 90W power adapter and a 120W power adapter. You mentioned you have 90W one. I am not too sure but I think that is too tight. A RAM upgrade is not a bad idea, but I would not put in a card. It sounds risky. Maybe the GT 1030 might work, but I would not go beyond because it is too tight.

Solution