Question Getting a lot of bluescreens

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 18, 2023
I get a lot of bluescreens, I do format my pc but I still get them, I need some help with because its annoying and sometimes I get BSOD while working, I will leave here some minidumps

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BafoOJ8N2EGFki3kHYJ4dRkMXEcImV3t?usp=sharing

My pc specs :
CPU : Ryzen 5 3600
GPU : RTX 3070
RAM : 2x 8GB OV to 3200
MOTHERBOARD : ROG B450 F GAMING
PSU : Fractal Design Ion Gold 750W Full Modular
NVME from Samsung for windows and HDD for games

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
Those are poor instructions, it's not wise to enable every verifier test, that's likely why you get a boot loop. Try enabling Driver Verifier again but this time select only the following tests on the Select individual settings from a full list dialog:
▪ Special Pool
▪ Force IRQL checking
▪ Pool Tracking
▪ Deadlock Detection
▪ Security Checks
▪ Miscellaneous Checks
▪ Power framework delay fuzzing
▪ DDI compliance checking

One the next screen (Select driver names from a list ) click on the heading for 'Provider' to sort the drivers on that field (this makes it easier to exclude Microsoft drivers).

Select all drivers that DO NOT have Microsoft as the provider.
Then select these Microsoft drivers (and only these):
▪ Wdf01000.sys
▪ ndis.sys
▪ fltMgr.sys
▪ Storport.sys

Then click on Finish and reboot. Hopefully you won't have a boot loop. Run Driver VErifier for at least 24 hours, but no more than 48 hours. Keep all dumps generated by Driver Verifier and upload them after you've turned Driver Verifier off.

Well I did all of that I updated everything, I did run the verifier I follow this link (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b6d-95b3-c48669e4c983) after I did all of that and restart my computer it wouldn't boot to windows it would say system couldn't boot to windows so I had to go to safe mode and remove the verifier otherwise I couldn't go to windows
see if there is a minidump produced while verifier was running. it should name the bad driver

Feb 18, 2023
Those are poor instructions, it's not wise to enable every verifier test, that's likely why you get a boot loop. Try enabling Driver Verifier again but this time select only the following tests on the Select individual settings from a full list dialog:
▪ Special Pool
▪ Force IRQL checking
▪ Pool Tracking
▪ Deadlock Detection
▪ Security Checks
▪ Miscellaneous Checks
▪ Power framework delay fuzzing
▪ DDI compliance checking

One the next screen (Select driver names from a list ) click on the heading for 'Provider' to sort the drivers on that field (this makes it easier to exclude Microsoft drivers).

Select all drivers that DO NOT have Microsoft as the provider.
Then select these Microsoft drivers (and only these):
▪ Wdf01000.sys
▪ ndis.sys
▪ fltMgr.sys
▪ Storport.sys

Then click on Finish and reboot. Hopefully you won't have a boot loop. Run Driver VErifier for at least 24 hours, but no more than 48 hours. Keep all dumps generated by Driver Verifier and upload them after you've turned Driver Verifier off.

I just did that and now my pc is really slow idk why is that normal ?
And now my ssd spikes to 100% randomly

see if there is a minidump produced while verifier was running. it should name the bad driver

No I don't have anything in the folder, and I just successfully activated verifier and before I activated the verifier I was getting some BSOD and windows wasn't creating a minidump of them

Last edited:
if your system is set to make a kernel dump, it will make the file
c\windows\memory.dmp rather than putting it in the c:\windows\minidump directory.

check both locations. kernel memory dumps memory.dmp are large and get overwritten at each bugcheck.

Feb 18, 2023
Idk why windows changed from MiniDump to MiniDumps and I have to folders that why I didn't saw

Atm I have verifier running and my pc is really slow but atm no BSOD

Should I activate kernel dump for verifier ?

Idk why windows changed from MiniDump to MiniDumps and I have to folders that why I didn't saw

Atm I have verifier running and my pc is really slow but atm no BSOD

Should I activate kernel dump for verifier ?
I run verifier and do a kernel dump so I have the most debug info saved that I can get.

I also set the system to be able for force a manual memory dump using the keyboard. Sometimes the system just starts acting strange but does not crash. In this case I can use the keyboard to force a dump and then look at the dump in the debugger and try to figure out what was wrong by looking at the internal logs.

you can google for the registry setting:
"how to force a windows memory dump using a keyboard"

running verifier will slow down the system, it is doing extra checking on all of the drivers memory allocations.

Feb 18, 2023
I run verifier and do a kernel dump so I have the most debug info saved that I can get.

I also set the system to be able for force a manual memory dump using the keyboard. Sometimes the system just starts acting strange but does not crash. In this case I can use the keyboard to force a dump and then look at the dump in the debugger and try to figure out what was wrong by looking at the internal logs.

you can google for the registry setting:
"how to force a windows memory dump using a keyboard"

running verifier will slow down the system, it is doing extra checking on all of the drivers memory allocations.

Ok I did this and I will leave all the minidumps I got today

This first ones was before I activated the verifier in the morning
(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1JSBbDnTz2dCrvZOCOjq6SMaPIp_dTbGW?usp=sharing)

And this 2 ones are from the verifier I forced the BSOD like you asked
(https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18r8QkapONfaKNffpxHaKIam-omDT3FZr?usp=sharing)

Last edited:
looks like two keyboard induced memory dumps. one a kernel dump the other a minidump. I will take a look at the kernel dump.
==============
for starters you really need to remove asus armory create, turn it off in the bios and use the asus uninstaller to remove it.

Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe
ArmouryCrate.AppServiceBridge.exe
ArmouryCrate.UserSessionHelper.exe

c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\AMDRyzenMasterDriver\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys,

overclock driver out of a 32 bit subsystem. (paged out)

I would also remove this tool unless you are actively using it.
NVIDIA Share.exe

reboot without these since they are likely failure points.

I will look at some of the logs in the kernel dump and add more info as I see problems.

some usb functions are returning the error
status 0xc0000002(STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)

driver:\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\amdpsp.sys,
got an error:
: FxPkgPnp::pnpMatchResources - Not enough interrupt objects created by WDFDEVICE 0x000025F0305A9448

usb extension log has a bunch of errors:
0xc00000f2(STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER_4)
186: FxIoQueue::DispatchEvents - WDFQUEUE 0x000025F01595F598 not in dispatching state, current state is WdfIoQueueAcceptRequests

remove this driver:
SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\AiCharger.sys Thu Mar 22 01:07:51 2012

see if you can update this driver:
SystemRoot\System32\drivers\e1r68x64.sys Mon Jun 15 03:26:56 2020
see if the intel driver update tool will install a update:
Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

Last edited:
looks like two keyboard induced memory dumps. one a kernel dump the other a minidump. I will take a look at the kernel dump.
==============
for starters you really need to remove asus armory create, turn it off in the bios and use the asus uninstaller to remove it.

Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe

c:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\DIP4\AMDRyzenMasterDriver\bin\AMDRyzenMasterDriver.sys,

NVIDIA Share.exe

I will look at some of the logs in the kernel dump and add more info as I see problems.

got an error:
: FxPkgPnp::pnpMatchResources - Not enough interrupt objects created by WDFDEVICE 0x000025F0305A9448

186: FxIoQueue::DispatchEvents - WDFQUEUE 0x000025F01595F598 not in dispatching state, current state is WdfIoQueueAcceptRequests

remove this driver:

this dump kind of looks like another one I looked at that had a kingston hyperx headset that was causing a bunch issues. calling usb funcitons that were not implemented.

does this device:
HyperX QuadCast S Speed
have any firmware updates or special drivers?
the client log looks fine but the driver side log had some errors:

420: HUBDTX_ControlTransferComplete - HW_COMPLIANCE: Device control transfer for getting Device Qualifier descriptor failed with error 0xc0000001(STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL), URB Status c0000004
421: HUBPDO_CreatePdoInternal - Device Context 0xFFFFDA0FD6504560 - USB\VID_0951&PID_171F&REV_6103 - Port Path 5:4:0:0:0:0
422: HUBPDO_QueryForD3ColdSupportInAcpi - WdfIoTargetQueryForInterface failed: 0xc00000bb(STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED) (this is expected if ACPI is not present)
423: HUBPDO_EvtDevicePrepareHardware - DeviceHackFlags:0x8
424: HUBPDO_EvtDeviceWdmIrpPreprocess - Failing the MS OS Descriptor request by client as the device does not support it

L-Connect 3.exe makes lots of calls to gpu driver.
some RGB and fan controller.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023
I also had a lot of blue screens of death a few years ago. Nothing helped at all. It turned out that my hard drive was living its days. After changing my hard drive, the errors disappeared.

Feb 18, 2023
==============

Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe

NVIDIA Share.exe

got an error:

remove this driver:

I did most of this stuff and still getting lots of bluescreens I don't understand

I also had a lot of blue screens of death a few years ago. Nothing helped at all. It turned out that my hard drive was living its days. After changing my hard drive, the errors disappeared.

I will buy a 20 euro ssd and try to see if the problem is my m2

Feb 18, 2023
Last edited:

ubuysa

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2016
You didn't do what I asked in regard to Driver Verifier. I didn't ask you to create a BSOD, which you did via the keyboard and which is totally useless. I asked you to enable Driver Verifier and leave it enabled whilst you use the PC normally. Driver Verifier will BSOD on its own if it finds a flaky driver, the resulting dumps will help us identify the flaky driver.

Now you've installed Windows 11 you've created even more uncertainty, because it's a new OS version and may introduce other incompatibilities.

If you still want help, please enable Driver Verifier, in exactly the way I asked in post #26. It may well slow down your PC, it will certainly lower your display resolution and may affect other devices as well. This is a troubleshooting step, it's not normal service, and you have to accept some difficulties whilst Driver Verifier attempts to find the flaky drivers. Keep Driver Verifier running for at least 24 hours, but no more than 48 hours. During this time use your PC as you would normally, or as normally as you can with the restrictions Driver Verifier causes. If it BSODs then save the resulting dump and continue testing. Ideally we'd like to see multiple BSODs and dumps, five or more would be good.