[SOLVED] Getting a LOT of lag because CPU and GPU not utilized enough while Disk has 0% usage!

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
You are looking at it wrong.
you need to compare the % to
xxx User benchmarks, average bench 69%
xxx User benchmarks, average bench 66%
that where it comparing to the same components
I found a fix! Disabling HPET (High Precision Event Timer) and FPS went back up as well as no more mouse lag! All games are now smooth again =]

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
reinstall graphics drivers if you haven't already.

It almost looks like your GPU is being bottlenecked by your CPU, but that really shouldn't be the case given how strong of a CPU the 6700 is.
It is very weird indeed, a week ago I had none of these issues, such as weird recourse usage and if I use high polling rate it will cause extreme lag when moving mouse. I have tried re installing drivers but I am not sure if I have done it right. What I did was use DDU to uninstall the drivers, but I did not use it in safe mode, not sure if it makes a noticeable difference. After that I downloaded lastest AMD drivers and installed it, still having these issues, I even went ahead and installed the latest optional drivers after that, but no difference.

I did the "Userbenchmark" test and got these results: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18892243

As you can see the GPU is underperforming at 64% while the CPU is at 79%

I really dont know what is the cause of the issue is, but its driving me crazy! =[

Abdullahx9000

Reputable
Jun 26, 2016
You are looking at it wrong.
you need to compare the % to
xxx User benchmarks, average bench 69%
xxx User benchmarks, average bench 66%
that where it comparing to the same components
I found a fix! Disabling HPET (High Precision Event Timer) and FPS went back up as well as no more mouse lag! All games are now smooth again =]

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS