Question Getting a new build by December, help choosing Mobo.

juaanmolero

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
So I was thinking about getting a new build for black Friday, I wanted to get a 5800x3d with 4x8 gb sticks of ram at 3600cl16 with xmp since I don't know too much about timings and don't really want to mess with it, I also want it to be stable out of the box.

So based on that which motherboard should I pick if I want to get those 4 sticks of ram to run at 3600cl16 completely stable?

I don't have an specific model for the rams since I'm picking the cheapest 3600cl16 that I can find on PCPartPicker but for now let's say that I'm using these:

F4-3600C16Q-32GVKC g. Skill ripjaws v

I also want to spend the least amount of money that I can on a Mobo.

I was thinking about these mobos:

MSI B550-VC Pro
MSI B550 MPG Gaming Plus
MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk

Will any of these work with the ram at xmp? If not, any recommendation under 190$?

I also forgot to mention that the only reason I'm getting 4 sticks is to use dual rank memory.

If you guys know of any dual rank memory that isn't much more expensive let me know, I'd rather get 2 dual rank sticks than 4 single rank.

Also, I was thinking about getting the 7600x or 13600k but, because I hate liquid cooling, I don't like how hot both of these CPUs run. I'm getting the deepcool ak620 air cooler for the 5800x3d which I think is more than enough.

The 7600x was my second best option but seeing the same performance out of both for a cheaper price (counting Mobo + memory) made me choose the 5800x3d over anything else.

I'm also expecting discounts on 5800x3d and parts for black Friday so yeah.

Last edited:

juaanmolero

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
The memory controller is on the CPU, so the mobo means very little, especially at 3600MHz, which should be perfectly do-able.

Pricing is the big factor in your mobo choice. What's on sale, for how much discount, and/or what's not.
Thank you so much for replying, I just edited the post and put some more info/questions that I had, would you mind reading it and comment on it?

This is the part I added:

I also forgot to mention that the only reason I'm getting 4 sticks is to use dual rank memory.

If you guys know of any dual rank memory that isn't much more expensive let me know, I'd rather get 2 dual rank sticks than 4 single rank.

Also, I was thinking about getting the 7600x or 13600k but, because I hate liquid cooling, I don't like how hot both of these CPUs run. I'm getting the deepcool ak620 air cooler for the 5800x3d which I think is more than enough.

The 7600x was my second best option but seeing the same performance out of both for a cheaper price (counting Mobo + memory) made me choose the 5800x3d over anything else.

I'm also expecting discounts on 5800x3d and parts for black Friday so yeah.

Last edited:
You mean...dual channel? Just need a paired 2 stick kit. Don't worry about dual/single rank.

https://www.newegg.com/deepcool-as500/p/N82E16835856185

Not sure if you are open to different models, but my B550 Steel Legend is a awesome board, picked it up for a very good price compared to other models and had all the features, pretty solid vrm (it's running a 16 core CPU) and it looks great.
Might be a good alternative.