Getting AE Error - Won't load OS

DustinMayfield

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2013
I just moved houses and when I setup my build again I tried to bootup my machine but the OS isn't loading. It goes right to the BIOS and nothing else. I have 3 HD all of which seem to be detected (when it gives me boot options). I will say that I did add a 3rd old HD (before I moved) that I have used with the machine before but didn't test it out till now. I removed the new HD and was still running into the same error. It just can't seem to find the OS

I have a Asus Maximus V MB

Solution
That is an entirely different problem. Your hardware is working is what the AE code means.

If your hard drive is not booting, you should be getting some form of a message or error relating to that.

This is kind of like you got in the car and it started right up for you. But now you try to put it in reverse, and nothing is happening. The motor is running. So something else is the problem.

Try connecting the hard drive to a CPU controlled SATA port. Or switch to a different CPU controlled SATA port. Make sure the SATA power cable is firmly connected. Make sure the SATA cable is firmly connected. Try another SATA cable. Try things. I cannot see whats going on there. You can.

Is your boot drive listed as a boot drive in the BIOS?
Have...
That is an entirely different problem. Your hardware is working is what the AE code means.

If your hard drive is not booting, you should be getting some form of a message or error relating to that.

This is kind of like you got in the car and it started right up for you. But now you try to put it in reverse, and nothing is happening. The motor is running. So something else is the problem.

Try connecting the hard drive to a CPU controlled SATA port. Or switch to a different CPU controlled SATA port. Make sure the SATA power cable is firmly connected. Make sure the SATA cable is firmly connected. Try another SATA cable. Try things. I cannot see whats going on there. You can.

Is your boot drive listed as a boot drive in the BIOS?
Have you tried resetting your BIOS to default settings?

Solution

DustinMayfield

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2013
Thanks for the explanation, I was a little confused what the AE code meant but that cleared it up. My boot drive is listed as a boot drive in the Bios and I did reset my Bios to default settings. I'm just confused because it shows that my it will boot using my HD but it doesn't actually do it, it goes straight to the BIOS