Question Getting all kinds of blue screens after installing a mobo that is supposedly faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
So I ordered the below new parts to upgrade my PC:

Intel I5-9400f
AS Rock B365M Phantom Gaming 4
2x8gb DDR4 Corsair LPX 2400 Rams

After installing everything I tried to boot up, and it all fans would spin but no display so i searched around a bit and tried to play around with my ram placement until it finally fired up the display but i kept getting a lot of BSODs and firefox was crashing on my constantly even though i had installed fresh windows. After reseating everything it turns out that rams only work on slots B1 and B2 any other slots do not work even if it's a single ram.

So i went down to a computer store to get it checked by a professional and they said the motherboard is faulty, they tried a new Gigabyte ram out and rams seemed to boot up on all of its slots fine, so i brought my PC back home and decided to install a fresh copy of windows into my SSD but i got an error that the installation could not be completed, after 4-5 attempts it finally got installed but i am getting a lot of BSOD errors specially when starting firefox or trying to install drivers, some of the bsods i got so far are ntfs.sys, something about kernel, and system unhandeled exception.

Any help would be appreciated because i am having nightmares now that the motherboard could have damaged other components.

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
What OS did you have? win10? win7?

And the ntfs.sys is the OS file error, it maybe either miss or corrupt.

May try run the SFC ( System file check ) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Or do the repair the windows, if you use the win10.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-HKlr_3o0Q
Windows 10, I reinstalled windows about 3-4 times now and I am creating a new bootable usb right now to try again, but I am starting to doubt it's a windows problem because I got BSODed on my old perfectly fine windows and thought its because I switched from AMD system to intel so I had to reinstall.

I ran a check file on C and it gave no errors.

I got a BSOD ope ing the boot menu...

Last edited:

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I think i may have finally found a solution to the issue, it's not the faulty mobo i installed it's the official windows USB tool that is causing problems as i tried rufus and windows seems to be booting fine now and i am yet to get any BSOD.

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I am back to getting BSODs again :(, I don't know what to do really. After spending the whole day gaming with no issues I woke up the next day booted up my PC and opened firefox and noticed the tabs started crashing on me until I got a BSOD (System unhandeled exception ntfs.sys). then it kept happening after restart with different errors:

- System unhandled exception
-critical process died
  • memory management
  • kernel related BSOD

Someone suggested it was the rams so I removed 1 ram sticked and for 2 hours everything was fine so I updated the bios and installed the 2nd again in a different slot and had no issues for the rest of the day, today I booted up my PC and i am getting blue screens again.

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Like i said the ASRock board was defective, after i had it checked at the store i returned it and replaced it with a Gigabyte B365 HD3.

And yes i am using windows drivers except for the GPU.

rvg90

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
UPDATE: I decided to give memtest a go and here are the results 20 mins in...

IMG_20190505_065620.jpg

XMP is disabled and the rams are running on 1.2v stock speeds, here is the exact model:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017NW5NZY/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.