[SOLVED] Getting an upgrade

Jun 6, 2020
So my old build was i5-4440 with a GTX 1660ti and most of the time the cpu was bottlenecking the GPU.
I am thinking about getting a cpu-mobo-ram upgrade but not sure if I should go for ryzen 5-3600x or i5-9600kf ( I have never tried amd). Can you suggest which is better without oc as I dont know how to oc and not going to spend on cooling either.
Also a cheap Mobo to go along with it

Solution
On Amazon it's around $200 and the mdcomputers( indian website) it's around 160 :/
You can go for a cheaper board as well, the MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max is about Rs. 10,300, basically any MSI motherboard with 'Max' in the name is fine, but I would suggest avoiding the really cheap ones as their quality is not as good. I have an MSI Gaming Plus(though an older chipset) myself and it's a good board, so you can go for that as well. B550 boards are launching at much higher prices than B450, so I don't think waiting for those is a good option.
So my old build was i5-4440 with a GTX 1660ti and most of the time the cpu was bottlenecking the GPU.
I am thinking about getting a cpu-mobo-ram upgrade but not sure if I should go for ryzen 5-3600x or i5-9600kf ( I have never tried amd). Can you suggest which is better without oc as I dont know how to oc and not going to spend on cooling either.
Also a cheap Mobo to go along with it
The 3600X would be the way I would go with an MSI B450 MAX motherboard.

Also b450 Mobo is around $150 where I live so it's a bit too expensive for me :(
We don't know when exactly the 4000 series will be released. Right now there is very good pricing on the 3000 series and that is hard to beat.

For the motherboard typically the B450s are the cheapest. I wouldn't go to a 300 series motherboard. In a few weeks the B550 motherboards will be released, perhaps wait for one of those.

Also b450 Mobo is around $150 where I live so it's a bit too expensive for me :(
Where do you live? The 3600X and B450 max combo really is the better option, so you'll either have to wait for prices on the b450 to drop or just go for the cheaper options. For the 3600X, you need a B450 MAX motherboard to ensure that the BIOS is compatible, otherwise there could be issues.

Jun 6, 2020
Where do you live? The 3600X and B450 max combo really is the better option, so you'll either have to wait for prices on the b450 to drop or just go for the cheaper options. For the 3600X, you need a B450 MAX motherboard to ensure that the BIOS is compatible, otherwise there could be issues.
India ...I don't think prices are going to drop here as most of the old CPUs and Mobo still cost around the same as they used to. :/ How's the gigabyte b450m aorus elite ?

On Amazon it's around $200 and the mdcomputers( indian website) it's around 160 :/
You can go for a cheaper board as well, the MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max is about Rs. 10,300, basically any MSI motherboard with 'Max' in the name is fine, but I would suggest avoiding the really cheap ones as their quality is not as good. I have an MSI Gaming Plus(though an older chipset) myself and it's a good board, so you can go for that as well. B550 boards are launching at much higher prices than B450, so I don't think waiting for those is a good option.

Solution
Jun 6, 2020
A
alright thanks.