[SOLVED] Getting annoying sound from the power supply ?

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
Hello, recently i have started getting an annoying tik tak type of sound coming from around where the power supply is in my pc. My power supply is corsair cx600 and i have owned it for a long time (dont remember since when though). It might be the oldest component on my pc, since i have replaced others not that long ago. What does this sound mean and how do i get rid of it? Do i need a new power supply? Btw,, the intensity and the rythm of the sound varies. The sound can be heard in this link: https://vocaroo.com/1meKeEXkWXZh?fb...2W6B0p3sfzHoeIAjvIOp9IzGdj3vQH2LLtiNQq7MSBeXM

Last edited:
Solution
You can use these two resources to help find a suitable power supply from among what is available in your region. Any GOOD quality 550w or higher model should be sufficient and keep in mind, brand does not equal quality or a wise decision. All brands have both good and not good models, so the model should be the deciding factor along with having a sufficient capacity. And there are plenty of 750w units out there that can't even supply 400w continuously so again, model is what matters.

Lutfij

Titan
corsair cx600
That's the green labelled PSU isn't it? if so, please replace it ASAP.

As for your current build, please parse the specs to it like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I hear a faint whine in the midst of the pulsating rhythm, that coming from your PSU too?

HisoHiso

Reputable
Jul 30, 2019
corsair cx600
That's the green labelled PSU isn't it? if so, please replace it ASAP.

As for your current build, please parse the specs to it like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I hear a faint whine in the midst of the pulsating rhythm, that coming from your PSU too?
Thanks for your response, here are my specs:
cpu: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4
ram: 16gb
hard drive: Hitachi HDS721050DLE630
hard drive 2: KINGSTON SA400S37480G
gpu: Radeon RX 570 Series
monitor: ips led 23mp65

Which power supply would you suggest i buy in my case?
By the way, the other sound you are hearing gotta be the air from the fan, i had to stick my phone very close to the source to make the sound more audible, thats why its so noticeable. Also, the tik tak sound seems to appear only after quite some time has passed since i have opened my pc but i m still testing it out.

Last edited:
You can use these two resources to help find a suitable power supply from among what is available in your region. Any GOOD quality 550w or higher model should be sufficient and keep in mind, brand does not equal quality or a wise decision. All brands have both good and not good models, so the model should be the deciding factor along with having a sufficient capacity. And there are plenty of 750w units out there that can't even supply 400w continuously so again, model is what matters.

Solution