[SOLVED] Getting away from raid 0

digidoggie18

Distinguished
May 8, 2013
I currently run two samsung evo 860's in raid 0.. I solely did this to be able to use them as one system volume as prices were and still are kind of crappy (just bought a 2TB crucial M500 for like $200). is there a different way to use both drives as one volume or should I just ditch it? I have about 14TB worth of storage3 on enterprise disks and do backups on the reg using easeus. I also don't have a board yet that does NVME which I may upgrade to in the future, That's another discussion though due to my cooler setup that interferes with a lot of the high end asus boards that I like.

Solution
I had a feeling a lot would say this.. looks like its time for a backup aad then a restore to my 2TB crucial. Maybe I'll just use them in my wifes desktop we are starting to build in that way just to get off the ground.
Windows and applications have gotten really good at managing multiple drives and drive letters.
The RAID 0 serves no purpose anymore.

USAFRet

Titan
I had a feeling a lot would say this.. looks like its time for a backup aad then a restore to my 2TB crucial. Maybe I'll just use them in my wifes desktop we are starting to build in that way just to get off the ground.
Windows and applications have gotten really good at managing multiple drives and drive letters.

Reactions: digidoggie18
Solution

digidoggie18

Distinguished
May 8, 2013

I do have an offshoot question for you as when I hold the mouse over it I cant see a description. What is that message icon under the stats with the exclamation point in it? It has been a while since i've been on here but don't remember seeing it before. Its with the likes, points, etc... under your name and picture.

USAFRet

Titan
I do have an offshoot question for you as when I hold the mouse over it I cant see a description. What is that message icon under the stats with the exclamation point in it? It has been a while since i've been on here but don't remember seeing it before. Its with the likes, points, etc... under your name and picture.
The 5th one down, speech bubble with a 3 next to it?

That is the number of Best Answers you have been awarded by other members.
For you currently, 3 of them.