Question getting black screen

JaxoKream

Prominent
Oct 13, 2022
I just started having this issue, 1 will be playing a game (destiny 2) as usual, but now I will have black screens, I can't really tell what causes it sometimes it happens within minutes of launching the game, sometimes at the desktop, and sometimes I can play for 30 minutes to an hour with no issue then it'll black screen. The screen will go black, I'll still have audio for a bit and then my pc will restart. I've tried doing a clean install of the newest Nvidia driver, I'm not overclocked or anything My specs are i5 12600k, an msi 3060ti, 750w PSU. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not overclocked or anything
That doesn't rule it out though.
If on a Z-series board, there's a high chance the out of box config is an overclock.
Some of the aftermarket gpus have had their core clock bumped up a little higher than other models.

Make and model is very important, even more than the advertised wattage.
Tell us how long it's been in use too.

JaxoKream

Prominent
Oct 13, 2022
That doesn't rule it out though.
If on a Z-series board, there's a high chance the out of box config is an overclock.
Some of the aftermarket gpus have had their core clock bumped up a little higher than other models.

Make and model is very important, even more than the advertised wattage.
Tell us how long it's been in use too.
It's a cooler master v750 sfx 80 plus gold, mobo is the asus strix b660, and gpu is the msi ventus 3060ti, it's been in use for a little over 1.5 years

JaxoKream

Prominent
Oct 13, 2022
Dual or triple fan model, and what are the gpu temperatures under load:
Gpu core
Hot spot
Memory junction
[Use hwinfo.]

Also, do you use any driver auto update programs, like Driver Easy/Booster, for example?
Dual fan, I'll have to measure thermals later when I get off of work, usually it sits around 60-65 c when playing games, and I just update drivers the GeForce experience, although I did use DDU to uninstall drivers before installing the latest driver..

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Dual fan, I'll have to measure thermals later when I get off of work, usually it sits around 60-65 c when playing games, and I just update drivers the GeForce experience, although I did use DDU to uninstall drivers before installing the latest driver..
Mmmk, 'cause while the black screen + audio tells me you may have a vram problem, the black screen while just on the desktop says something else, like drivers - but you've already used DDU, etc.
Have you tried the system file checker command: LINK

JaxoKream

Prominent
Oct 13, 2022
Mmmk, 'cause while the black screen + audio tells me you may have a vram problem, the black screen while just on the desktop says something else, like drivers - but you've already used DDU, etc.
Have not yet, that'll be the first thing I try when I get back to my pc

JaxoKream

Prominent
Oct 13, 2022
just did system file checker, it did find some corrupt files and repaired them, i will post an update