Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
Current system:
Intel i5-4690K 3.5ghz
2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Asus Z97 Pro WIFI-AC
Nvidia GTX 1060
Samsung 120gb SSD
Evga Gold PS (don't remember the wattage, maybe 800?)
Acer Blu-ray drive

I am getting intermittent BSOD errors that are never quite the same each time. Generally they are some kind of system exception error including "Critical Process Died", "System Service Exception" which sometimes cites specific files like win32kbase.sys, and I had one new one today "USBXCHI.sys" failure.

I have done clean installs of windows on multiple hard drives trying to fix what I thought was just a corrupted Windows driver but it doesnt seem to be that. Is it just my motherboard dying? It is frustrating since I can't seem to nail it down to one specific issue. I have an assumption that some driver is failing based on what I can find on google for the individual errors but I have no way of figuring out which one it is. I tried running SFC /scannow in a windows repair screen but after a few minutes the command prompt replied that Windows could not run this at this time.

I'm at my wit's end and am on the verge of doing a complete scrap and rebuild. I can't take the intermittent spans of uselessness anymore. Please tell me there is a much cheaper option than this.

Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

do you have latest bios? Asus released a Beta bios for it last year but I think that just fixes Spectre... I have same CPU/Motherboard so sort of knew that bit. Currently newest non Beta bios is 2702.

tried running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

tried running this on...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

do you have latest bios? Asus released a Beta bios for it last year but I think that just fixes Spectre... I have same CPU/Motherboard so sort of knew that bit. Currently newest non Beta bios is 2702.

tried running this on CPU - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

tried running this on ram - memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. - Bad ram can cause random errors blaming different things each time

Sometimes win32kbase errors tie into Nvidia card errors, could try running off the hdmi on motherboard to see if you keep getting the errors.

Solution