Question Getting Bsod after 10 min of gaming, what's the problem and fix?

Apr 26, 2020
Hey all,

A few hours ago I picked up a used Visiontek RX 570 to upgrade from the GTX 750 I had in my pc previously. After installing the new GPU I ended up having issues; my screen automatically went down to a 1280 x 720 resolution at a 64Hz refresh rate. After looking through setting a bit I ultimately figured it was a driver issue so I proceeded to download the latest driver from the AMD website and that still didn't fix the issue. After doing a little more research I ended up finding a forum where a guy had the same issue which was resolved by downloading this file which helped patch the driver. After that I restarted and everything started working perfectly, or at least I thought. After getting on my favorite game for about 10 minutes I ended up getting a solid blue screen, no words, nothing. After doing some research it seems like it was called a Bsod and that it could be caused by bad hardware or drivers. So, naturally I checked Speccy to find out that my MB was at a burning 115 degrees Celsius. I then downloaded HWmonitor and Speedfan just to confirm and they both said the same thing. At this point, I'm confused about a number of things: Why is my MB so hot and wouldn't it shut down immediately at the temp? Is my MB temp the reason I'm getting Bsod while gaming? Is it my PSU having trouble handling my hardware? Was it the AMD driver that caused the Bsod? To add on to this my bluetooth driver has also been malfunctioning so I was also considering that a possibility. Moral of the story, I want to know what exactly is causing the Blue Screen of Death and what I can do to fix it. (sorry that was long I just thought I'd provide the necessary context)

My PC:
CPU - i5-4590 @ 3.3GHz
GPU - Visiontek RTX 570
PSU - Orion HP585DB (585w)
MB - Asustek H97M-E
Storage - 230 GB SSD + 480 GB SSD
RAM - 8GB DDR3 @ 665Mhz

More context: This pc was originally an older prebuilt CyberPowerPC (hence the cheapo power supply and MB) I added the 480GB SSD and the exchanged the GTX 750 with the RTX 570

Spre

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
I would take a look at the system event log ( in the search box next to the windows logo type "event Viewer" without the quotations, and check and see if the gpu drivers are crashing.

I just fixed this for a feller who had the same issue and same card, result: His ram was bad, popped in a new stick and he hasn't had an issue since.

Apr 26, 2020
I would take a look at the system event log ( in the search box next to the windows logo type "event Viewer" without the quotations, and check and see if the gpu drivers are crashing.

I just fixed this for a feller who had the same issue and same card, result: His ram was bad, popped in a new stick and he hasn't had an issue since.

Just checked, it looks like the last event to occur was a Bluetooth adapter failure. It says "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded." some of the events after that say "Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0" as well as some that say "The AMD User Experience Program Launcher service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s)." In total, there have been 41 events occurred today (4/26)

The GTX 750 I was using before had absolutely no problems...

Spre

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
Personally I'd disable the user experience, it uses alot of Data so if you have comcast or att etc it'll hurt your data cap.

What was the Stop code on the bsod? Can you reproduce and get the stop code?

Apr 26, 2020
Personally I'd disable the user experience, it uses alot of Data so if you have comcast or att etc it'll hurt your data cap.

What was the Stop code on the bsod? Can you reproduce and get the stop code?

How would I go about disabling the user experience? Are you referring to a clean boot in windows? If so, I have already tried that.

That's the thing, it's a Bsod but not. To better explain, I'm getting the blue screen but there's no text anywhere. It's just solid blue...

Spre

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2007
it should be in the AMD Adrenaline settings. But I would Uninstall the drivers you installed and install an earlier version.

It is possible it is a display driver error

Apr 26, 2020
it should be in the AMD Adrenaline settings. But I would Uninstall the drivers you installed and install an earlier version.

It is possible it is a display driver error

Okay, I disabled user experience and deleted all the drivers I installed as well as AMD adrenaline. tried installing an earlier version of Adrenaline and now it's saying it doesn't detect driver/is not working. not sure where I went wrong here or what I have to do.

Apr 26, 2020
UPDATE:
After doing a bunch of research and googling, It looks like the RX 570 I purchased was previously used for mining (even though the guy I bought from said he used it for gaming 😒). From the other forums I read it looks like to fully restore it back to normal I'd have to flash it with the stock bios or I'd have to continuously apply the patcher every time there was a driver update. Unfortunately, I can't find the stock version of the bios and/or it's unavailable so I'm basically gonna have to keep patching every new driver update. With that being said, I'm not totally sure it's a display driver error and rather a PSU problem. Could it be that having a cheapo PSU is causing the BSod while gaming?

Dec 18, 2020
Just checked, it looks like the last event to occur was a Bluetooth adapter failure. It says "The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded." some of the events after that say "Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0" as well as some that say "The AMD User Experience Program Launcher service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s)." In total, there have been 41 events occurred today (4/26)

The GTX 750 I was using before had absolutely no problems...
It means your motherboard is drained for power by the GPU