Getting BSOD even after fresh install and RAM replacement

Feb 17, 2018
I have what seems like a unique problem, as I have not found any other postings that have experienced this exact situation or had it solved. I have a new build that has been operating for about 2 weeks. I began experience BSOD upon return from heading to the store. I can boot my computer and sign in to get to my desktop, but after a minute or two it gives me BSOD every time, without fail. It began with System_Service_Exception, and cycled between that and IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, among other less frequent error messages.

At first I thought it was my SSD (it is a few years old and the oldest component in my computer), so I removed the SSD and clean wiped my HDD to reinstall Windows 10. Still receiving BSOD upon login.

I then believe it was my RAM. So I removed my Corsair Vengeance LPX, and inserted a friend's Vengeance in its place. I still received BSOD all the same.

I have wiped everything from my drives, reinstalled Win10, and tried a different RAM, yet I still receive BSOD. Every forum I have checked states that this can be a very simple fix, but nothing that I have read has worked for me thus far.
I would really appreciate any insight on this problem.

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

Cooler: Corsair CW-9060007-WW Hydro Series

RAM: (1) Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Solution
MS likes to recommend the troubleshooters; they're worth trying. You could also look at the cryptic System Event Error log using the Control Panel's Event Viewer for clues at to where the dastardly deed is taking place.
Feb 17, 2018

Thanks for the response, I grabbed my CDs from the manufacturers and reinstalled the drivers. This time, after reinstalling drivers and logging in, I received both IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, and then Unexpected_Kernel_Mode_Trap after trying one more time.

MS likes to recommend the troubleshooters; they're worth trying. You could also look at the cryptic System Event Error log using the Control Panel's Event Viewer for clues at to where the dastardly deed is taking place.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS