Question Getting BSOD for some reason ?

Jun 25, 2022
Hello, this problem is really getting on my nerve here. I had a Ryzebn 5 2400G with a Gigabyte B450M S2H Mobo and Corsair Vengeance x2 8GB 2400 Mhz RAM paired with a GTX 960 (Running the latest drivers as of this moment.). I upgraded to Ryzen 5 3500x. As my mobo is not Ryzen 3000 ready so I updated BIOS to the latest version. So far good. Then I installed windows 11 on it bypassing secure boot. After that, I didn't like windows 11 that much so I switched to Windows 10 again. After switching I couldn't use my PC anymore. I got MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD every time I tried to use it. I was confused. I also got Cl.dll BSOD and INTERNAL EXTERNAL NOT EQUAL BSOD. After looking up I saw that it might be RAM or driver problem. Also, corrupted windows may be the case. So, I reinstalled windows on it again. It was still the same. So, I tried replacing the RAM. It worked for some time. I did everything on it including playing games. After playing when I quit and opened chrome it gave me the memory management BSOD. I tried changing the RAM. It stays ok then after some time randomly it gives me the BSOD. My NVME SSD died in the process. Its memory chip died so I had to change the SSD. I tried degrading my BIOS version but it's still the same. I don't know what should I do now. Please help me, someone. Thank you.

dfflick

Commendable
May 20, 2020
Have you tried the original CPU to see if the error is exclusive to the new CPU at this point? Is the memory on the motherboard's QVL for the new CPU?

Last edited:

dfflick

Commendable
May 20, 2020
As a follow up to my last post, I'd recommend finding your memory's product number and referencing this list (page 6 is where the Corsair 2400's are):
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...atisse.pdf?v=cfe9afb013abcaea512951a757f0a207

I noted that you said you tried different RAM, so it doesn't hurt to look for that P/N too. If your memory doesn't match what's on the list, it may not be compatible and could be causing these issues.

Jun 25, 2022
As a follow up to my last post, I'd recommend finding your memory's product number and referencing this list (page 6 is where the Corsair 2400's are):
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...atisse.pdf?v=cfe9afb013abcaea512951a757f0a207

I noted that you said you tried different RAM, so it doesn't hurt to look for that P/N too. If your memory doesn't match what's on the list, it may not be compatible and could be causing these issues.
The thing is I used the same RAM when using 2400G and never got a BSOD. The problem started after when I installed Ryzen 5 3500X.

Jun 25, 2022
The thing is I used the same RAM when using 2400G and never got a BSOD. The problem started after when I installed Ryzen 5 3500X.
I checked the QVL. One of my 8GB RAM CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 is not on the list. I couldn't see the other one as the P/N had worn out. I could only see 8K4M2400C16. I am assuming the P/N for both the RAM would be the same. However first RAM's P/N is not on the list. Is this why it's causing problems? Because before flashing BIOS and updating my processor I used this same RAM and there was not a single problem.

Jun 25, 2022

UPDATE Just played some Valorant and closed the game. Opened up chrome and browsing FB. Suddenly got a BSOD stating UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP, what failed: clipsp.sys
Currently using my previous 12GB RAM kit which I was using on Ryzen 5 2400G without any problem.

Jun 25, 2022

I got this running a sfc scan
https://ibb.co/zNKF99z

dfflick

Commendable
May 20, 2020
I checked the QVL. One of my 8GB RAM CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 is not on the list. I couldn't see the other one as the P/N had worn out. I could only see 8K4M2400C16. I am assuming the P/N for both the RAM would be the same. However first RAM's P/N is not on the list. Is this why it's causing problems? Because before flashing BIOS and updating my processor I used this same RAM and there was not a single problem.

Sorry for the late reply, I was AFIS for a while. If your RAM isn't specifically on the QVL in association with the processor, it's not guaranteed to work (or is known to have issues, in some cases). The fact that you installed a brand new CPU and then the issues started leads me to believe that this RAM doesn't play nice with your mobo/CPU combo.

If it were me, I'd find some used sticks on an auction site (if they have one where you're from) that are listed on the QVL. That CPU can handle 3200MHz RAM, so the 2400 is really too slow for it, anyway.

Jun 25, 2022
Sorry for the late reply, I was AFIS for a while. If your RAM isn't specifically on the QVL in association with the processor, it's not guaranteed to work (or is known to have issues, in some cases). The fact that you installed a brand new CPU and then the issues started leads me to believe that this RAM doesn't play nice with your mobo/CPU combo.

If it were me, I'd find some used sticks on an auction site (if they have one where you're from) that are listed on the QVL. That CPU can handle 3200MHz RAM, so the 2400 is really too slow for it, anyway.
I did some more research while you were away. The memory management BSOD specifically happens when I do daily tasks like opening discord, chrome, etc. It doesn't occur when I play games. I even played games for 6 hours straight and nothing happens. When I quit the game and open chrome it gives me Memory Management BSOD. Then sometimes some different BSOD occurs following Memory Management one. My SSD is new so it's not a problem. Windows has been freshly installed. Even when I was installing windows it gave me BSOD of Critical Process Died. So, it's definitely not the windows problem. Ram worked fine with the previous CPU.

TRENDING THREADS