Question Getting BSODs over and over again ?

Jan 14, 2022
Hello, everyone.

I have problems with my system since my build 2019.

BSODs with different error codes occur again and again. Sometimes daily or 1-2 days apart.

For example. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, KERNEL STACK LOCKED AT EXIT etc. pp.

My current system consists of the following components:

• Ryzen 3600
• MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX (latest Bios)
• Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 (XMP 1 – 1.4v) or the crucials since christmas
• Nvidia GTX 1060
• 500W BeQuiet power supply

The RAM test was performed without results and even a fresh Windows installation 3 days ago did not help. I have already exchanged the Ram with a new set which is currently installed (Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 16GB Kit) which was not a solution, because the problems are still there.
The chipset driver, the BIOS and all other drivers are up-to-date.

Maybe someone of you has the same system and could solve the problem ?

I have attached old dump files as well as the new ones after the reinstallation on Wednesday.

Old Dumpfiles from 2021: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmInb2vWcioJcY2qMNvnfQbmsEk?e=Vsg5MQ
New Files from the last 3 days: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmInb2vWcioJcq31j-HKW8lcAuk?e=3CLgh2

I would be happy to receive tips from you!

All the best from Germany!
Limette

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/fuv1x37d/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:011422-6140-01.dmp (Jan 14 2022 - 03:07:04)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 03 Sec(s)

File information:011322-25343-01.dmp (Jan 13 2022 - 03:03:28)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 14 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 57 Sec(s)

File information:011222-25046-01.dmp (Jan 12 2022 - 12:35:55)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 49 Sec(s)

File information:122321-27421-01.dmp (Dec 23 2021 - 09:16:29)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File information:122321-26781-01.dmp (Dec 23 2021 - 07:36:45)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 3 Hour(s), 09 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX
You have the latest Beta BIOS installed.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can't see a cause in the dump text of any of the bsod.

I will identify possible causes
Nov 16 2017fwuac430mu.sysFRITZ! AVM Extensible Wireless LAN Device driver
I don't know if this is newest driver or not, hadn't seen this before.

Dec 15 2021nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver http://www.nvidia.com/
Yes, they are newish but I have seen a few people this month with problems stemming from these. I believe they released new ones yesterday so they might help.

Jan 14, 2022
Hello guys,

I ran prime95 over the weekend for several hours without problems. The BSODs came anyway.

I have now installed both RAM kits to see if the upgrade to 32GB could solve the problem. Let’s see what the next few days will bring.

I’ll see if I can find a new driver for the AVM stick. Do you want me to upload the recent dump files?

Thanks for you help!

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/cam87h16/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:011822-6140-01.dmp (Jan 18 2022 - 06:52:05)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: Illustrator.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 27 Min(s), and 56 Sec(s)

File information:011722-6171-01.dmp (Jan 17 2022 - 14:00:32)
Bugcheck:BAD_POOL_CALLER (C2)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: nvsphelper64.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 10 Hour(s), 30 Min(s), and 12 Sec(s)

File information:011522-24296-01.dmp (Jan 15 2022 - 05:50:43)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMEFASI64.SYS
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: NortonSecurity.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 19 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
You probably don't want Norton 360 anyway as its latest version includes a crypto miner. Currently its opt in, so not on by default, but who is to say it will stay that way. I don't need my AV program mining for them... Norton makes 15% commission on every coin mined using their program. Nice, almost a bot net of PC out there running Norton and just waiting to be turned on.

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/bpouwcm4/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:012522-6093-01.dmp (Jan 25 2022 - 04:05:12)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: gamingservices.exe)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/m1L5vc9w/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012822-6171-01.dmp (Jan 28 2022 - 08:00:43)
Bugcheck:APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: MsMpEng.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 24 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:012722-8546-01.dmp (Jan 27 2022 - 07:05:54)
Bugcheck:DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 4 Hour(s), 37 Min(s), and 18 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "NTIOLib_X64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner or other MSI software)

Colif

Win 11 Master
I really should have asked, do you use WIFI or Ethernet cable?

top errors victim is Windows Defender Malware protection
So cause is either still an internet driver or I would perhaps run Malwarebytes or something to check you not infected.

both errors are similar in that both are the result of procedure calls which are commands that run a procedure (like my helpful description)

A procedure is a block of Visual Basic statements enclosed by a declaration statement (Function, Sub, Operator, Get, Set) and a matching End declaration. All executable statements in Visual Basic must be within some procedure.
DPC and APC are both procedure calls.
But a DPC occurs at processor level, an APC occurs at the thread level

DPC errors seem to be mostly LAN or Sound drivers

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022
Hey Colif, im using WIFI.

Looks like we set a new record today. Within 2 hours I had 6 blue screens. After the first 2, I had updated the AMD driver to the latest version after switching to an older version in the meantime. After the update there were 2 more and I rolled back the update. Then there were 2 more blue screens.

I think I'm going insane now. Do all the blue screens make any sense because there is any pattern to be seen?

I also uploaded the current ones from today: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fkuupjhvuucldve/AAAAley0m4jmsB8grdTlOlcZa?dl=0

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you try using a cable for internet as its possible cause is the WiFi drivers, since they still not very new
Nov 16 2017fwuac430mu.sysFRITZ! AVM Extensible Wireless LAN Device driver
I have not seen those before. I thought I knew all the chips used on WiFi cards. I don't see many German cards.
what model is it? I see they have a few - https://en.avm.de/service/downloads/

if its an old wifi USB dongle, you might want to buy a newer one marked as one of these (they all mean the same thing). You won't find them as USB dongles, mostly PCIe cards now -
  • WIFI6
  • AX
  • AC2100

Jan 14, 2022
AVM is actually a high quality brand for network equipment with a lot of reputation here in Germany and Europe.

Im using the AC430 MU-MIO Stick which I bought in September. They have released an update for windows 11 maybe I should try that because I currently don't have a network cable which is long enough to get to my router. But I still have a cheap china stick or tp-link stick that I could try.

Alternatively, I could also use my old Samsung S10 as a wifi stick or do you think it has something to do with the wifi/wifi driver in principle?

Colif

Win 11 Master

uses a mediatek chip = http://en.techinfodepot.shoutwiki.com/wiki/AVM_FRITZ!WLAN_USB_Stick_AC_430
naturally it has OSX and linux drivers, not windows - https://www.mediatek.com/products/broadband-wifi/mt7610u

shame you can't install win 11 drivers on 10, it works in other direction though. I wonder what it would do if you tried.. there really isn't massive difference between 10 & 11.

newest generation WIFI is AX now, my last 2 PC have had wifi built in and both have AC.

If you use another wifi device it will use a different driver. The AVM drivers only work for that device.

Jan 14, 2022
Yeah i know i was on a budget for the mainboard when ive build my system which was my first AMD build btw... The next one will definitely be an intel build again. :D

Im actually thinking about doing the update to w11 just to try it out. Ive checked my amazon account and saw that i bought the avm stick in september which was the month it started to get worse (I just bought it for the 5ghz network). Maybe i should try the old TP-Link stick for a couple of days since that would be one of the easiest options i could try right now.

But you think that it most likley is a driver issue not something hardware related?

Colif

Win 11 Master
many of the victims of your crashes are internet related
defender
NVHelper64
Norton (though it appears to have been to blame as well)

so it could be the WiFi card.

your system is a common combo
B450 & a 3600. Nothing wrong with it. I have a 3600xt myself.
I have had 6 PC so far, 3 AMD, 3 Intel.. no idea what next will be.
I have WiFi on my motherboard but I use Ethernet as my connection speed is way faster
it isn't that expensive to get wifi on boards now.

win 11 is windows 10 with a new theme. I been on it since August and I stopped looking for differences months ago. Sure, I moved the start menu to left where it belongs but I only used to notice it was different when I looked in start menu.. so once a day. I had hoped for more.
If PC runs win 10, it can run win 11 once you enable ftpm in bios and have secure boot turned on (in theory, I still don't have secure boot on).

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/2xcrv0uL/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:012922-6171-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 07:41:17)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 14 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File information:012922-6031-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 08:37:44)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

File information:012922-6000-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 09:42:39)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 27 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

File information:012922-5984-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 06:03:17)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: svchost.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File information:012922-5953-01.dmp (Jan 29 2022 - 09:06:03)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK_RELEASE (162)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: Adobe CEF Helper.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 27 Min(s), and 49 Sec(s)

Colif

Win 11 Master
crash 2 caused by GPU drivers
crash 3 & 5 are lan drivers - victims are either Chrome itself or a Chromium add on - Adobe CEF. CEF - Chromium Embedded Framework helper, its part of the browser.

its possible 3 & 5 could be GPU drivers instead.

try running DDU in safe mode and install newer Nvidia drivers (newest came out yesterday) - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

TRENDING THREADS