Getting CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Error Suddenly

pink0panda

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017
Just as the title says I haven't had this issue ever before but two days ago while streaming and playing GTA V my PC bluescreened with this error. This was after about 10 hours of play so I assumed it was due to so much stress for such a long period of time. Yesterday I did the same with no hitches but today after only 30 minutes my PC crashed again. I have heard that checking all drivers for updates is the fix but when I did so everything was up to date. Is there anything else to do?

unclebun

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014
That error is usually a hardware-related error, and usually the cpu is faulty. Sometimes a driver can cause the problem, and that's something you can fix without buying a new cpu or motherboard. The other software-related thing you might consider is whether you started having this after getting the Windows Update for Meltdown/Spectre, and whether you may have an antivirus that doesn't play nice.

pink0panda

Prominent
Nov 8, 2017

Have not checked Bios and to answer the other question the first crash occurred on 1/08/18 after 10 hours of GTA V streaming. When my PC restarted it did a windows update. The next day no issues, today one crash and none since.