[SOLVED] Getting constant BSOD

Jun 15, 2019
Hi, I recently picked up an HP Media Center PC M7573a for free. The PSU was dead so I replaced it, however what I suspect to be the HDD had gone bad. I plugged it into my daily driver PC and used EaseUS Todo Backup to clone the data from the bad HDD to a slightly newer HDD that I know works. I am now experiencing BSOD issues. The original one had something to do with a page file issue on an unpaged whatever it was, but now it doesnt give me an explanation, just the code 0x00000024. I was wondering what the problem with my computer is, and how I can get it working. It shows a normal boot, then goes back to the start HP screen with press f12 to etc etc. I can't get into the repair thing without a BSOD either. I can't get into Windows past the lock screen either. Bear in mind it let me go to the lock screen after replacing HDD but now it BSODs. I do not have any kind of reinstallation discs, and my DVD drive is nonfunctional due to the new PSU not having Molex.

Lutfij

Titan
Unless you've got an installer for Windows XP, the option to reinstall the OS is pretty much out of the question. The issue you've stated can come about from a corruption within the cloning process.

onespeedbiker

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
Is it possible to reinstall the OS via a USB with the burned OS installer?
Yes, assuming XP was originally loaded on your HP PC, XP will either self activate, or you will need a COA.. I have used a purchased HP recovery disk on several HP computers (all with a XP COA sticker) and they all self activated.

Jun 15, 2019
Yes, assuming XP was originally loaded on your HP PC, XP will either self activate, or you will need a COA.. I have used a purchased HP recovery disk on several HP computers (all with a XP COA sticker) and they all self activated.
But say, this computer is Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005, so could it be possible to use a Windows XP Home disc and it be able to activate?

onespeedbiker

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
Probably not. I did a search and found a number of sites that offer a free download of Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005 iso. There is no way to determine the quality of these sites, but if it's between having a working computer or a brick, it would be worth a try.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019
Probably not. I did a search and found a number of sites that offer a free download of Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005 iso. These is no way to determine the quality of these sites, but if it's between having a working computer or a brick, it would be worth a try.
IT WORKS! I used the Archive.org download, and it worked. Hmm, just need to replace that CMOS battery...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Windows XP 4

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS