[SOLVED] Getting dirt out of mobile phone speaker vents?

May 23, 2020
I assume they are speaker vents as its a row of dots at top, phone works great but I am going to sell it, what happened was about 2 months ago I put phone in pocket day after I washed them and some powder must of not washed off properly so got over phone, I used ipa and a toothbrush on both the vents and the usb port which worked great but I noticed the main issue with cleaning the vents is they are so small I couldn't get into them, I managed to get a few tiny toothbrush pieces in and they worked but I guess they just pushed the dust/powder inside.

I want to clean it deeper though as I am selling to a place that gives you amount based on condition.

Solution
if you are careful. i'd pen the case up and clean from inside out. as you noted, you likely pushed the dirt further in already. that can only be removed from the inside.

youtube usually has a teardown of pretty much every phone. look there for that phone and see how it comes apart. if you feel like you can do it, then follow the video closely :)

i look there for phone and laptop teardowns all the time. i've yet to look for a model that was not there somewhere

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model mobile phone?

Maybe a vacuum? Start "far" away and watch for the powder/dust to be pulled out.

However doing that could cause a static build up and zap the phone.

Hold the phone and keep yourself grounded to bleed off any charge build ups.

That said, suggest that you wait for other comments and idea's.....

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you are careful. i'd pen the case up and clean from inside out. as you noted, you likely pushed the dirt further in already. that can only be removed from the inside.

youtube usually has a teardown of pretty much every phone. look there for that phone and see how it comes apart. if you feel like you can do it, then follow the video closely :)

i look there for phone and laptop teardowns all the time. i've yet to look for a model that was not there somewhere

Solution

TRENDING THREADS