Getting DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION at random times

Spore24

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
I have been getting DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION at random times, I get it when playing high-end games or simply writing something on word. I have tried many of the typical solutions, disable fast boot, update drivers, etc. I am out of ideas of what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated! the link below is to all the dmp files since the issue began

ntoskernl seems to be the culprit in all of the crashes however, 1 crash was caused by hal.dll and ntoskernl

http://

Spore24

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
in terms of the Directx would it make sense to make the jump to win 10? also wallpaper32.exe is an app through steam where you can share/download interesting wallpapers. I am not overclocking at all I use Afterburner to control the fans on my gpu otherwise they don't turn on for some reason. I will try uninstalling afterburner when I get home tonight and let it run through the weekend to see if I get anymore crashes. I will keep you updated. Thank you very much for the suggestions!

Spore24

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016
Well it worked fine all weekend until about 5 minutes ago when it just crashed. I have updated everything on my computer as well as uninstalled msi afterburner. I'm completely lost as to what could still be causing this

look at your sound drivers causing the nvidia gpu sound driver problems.
remove the one from 2009

ie
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\CorsairGamingAudioamd64.sys Wed Sep 13 07:17:42 2017 (most likely ok)

\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\MBfilt64.sys Thu Jul 30 20:40:32 2009
(most likely causing the nvidia sound driver to crash)

SystemRoot\system32\drivers\RTKVHD64.sys Tue Dec 6 03:23:15 2016
(most likely ok)

Spore24

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

I can't seem to find the file you're talking about, the earliest file I have in that folder is from 2013

tonumeister

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
I got little help with updating all drivers! Software called Driver Easy. Scan and it show all drivers that need update, and you can download updates too with that software. I thought too that I updated all drivers but this software show 10 more drivers that need update