Question Getting ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT In Chrome only when watching videos

RazorOPS

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
While watching videos on YouTube and on other sites, my video randomly starts loading for a couple of minutes and then starts playing again. Now I've been trying to fix this for a few days and I even did a fresh install of Win10 1903. Nothing helped. The one thing I forgot to try is to restart my ISP provided Modem and my router. After restarting my router the problem was fixed for the rest of the night but this morning it came back. The modem that my ISP gave me is Technicolor CGA2121 and the router I bought is TP-LINK Archer C6. What could be the issues here?

If the video is downloading while you try it might just be a swamped link. Do the same test after a video stops buffering. You also do the same test with the video playing on a very low res.

If your internet connection is about the same Mbs as a youtube video you will be buffering the whole time. List your internet speed and the quality you are trying to stream. What you described sounds like your speed is much lower than the video which is why it's stopping for longer periods of time.

RazorOPS

Prominent
Jul 19, 2019
If the video is downloading while you try it might just be a swamped link. Do the same test after a video stops buffering. You also do the same test with the video playing on a very low res.

If your internet connection is about the same Mbs as a youtube video you will be buffering the whole time. List your internet speed and the quality you are trying to stream. What you described sounds like your speed is much lower than the video which is why it's stopping for longer periods of time.
I resolved the issue after contactiong TP-LINK support. It turns out that my modem and router were in conflict, so instead of the connection going from the modem to the router and then the pc, now it just goes from modem directly to my pc, and I have another LAN cable going to the router for WiFi.