Getting ERR_TIMED_OUT On Some Sites and Only On This Computer

Jul 3, 2018
2 months ago I was able to get into some of these websites (battle.net, roblox.com, nvidia etc.) totally fine. I did what I needed to do and didn't enter after a while. Then for some reason and out of nowhere, I wasn't able to access these websites nor the launchers for these services wouldn't respond to any login attempt. But these sites CAN be accessed by other devices, it is a problem occurring only on this Windows 10 OS PC.

This keeps happening everytime whether I use public DNS or not so it isn't a DNS issue but I've found some temporary solutions as to: using another internet connection (another modem or mobile data) and/or connecting via VPN. Other solutions offered by users online (ipconfig issue, windows' blacklist, modem restart, checking/closing firewall, deleting cookies, checking LAN settings, trying another DNS and many more) didn't work at all for me.

I'd also like to note out that this only occurs on sites that I've visited before and now they are completely or partly inaccesible. Hope these things are enough for a solution.

Jul 3, 2018
OKAY.

I have found an proper solution and if you are (or know someone) that is doing this, tell them that its their modem probably messing with their internet.
The thing was the modem we have is time-locked so kids can't access it every now and then but that time-lock messed with some sites and their servers so it blocked those too. To fix this issue all you gotta do is remove the time-lock (limitation, child lock etc.) and it will work as usual.

I've only seen this issue on some modems, TP-LINK doesn't have a problem like this so I can suggest you check out other modems for a permanent solution.

P.S: It could be that my modem is malfunctioning and if so, I'll update it here.