Getting error trying to install windows 8

Jtafur19

Reputable
Nov 29, 2014
Hey guys, I'm trying to re install windows 8 to my SSD and I'm getting an error, "windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's Hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disks controller is enabled in the computer's bios menu."
I previously had windows installed on a bigger SSD, but have since purchased a smaller one. I want this to be a complete wipe of the previous windows. I reformatted both of the hard drives. I have checked in the Bios, and have made sure that the controller is recognizing my SSD, and is enabled. The motherboard is an Asus Maximus 7 hero. I have also unplugged all of my other hard drives and the only thing left is my Optical and the hard drive I intend to install Windows on. Any help would be great

Solution
I had a similar issue.I couldnt install windows with the same message"windows cannot be installed on this disk".I formated the hdd though win install menu but didnt work either,so i used the same hdd on another computer and then i formated through windows as a regular hdd.Then i tried to install windows on my pc and it was succesfull.Not sure if this will help.

lifespill

Reputable
Oct 25, 2015
I had a similar issue.I couldnt install windows with the same message"windows cannot be installed on this disk".I formated the hdd though win install menu but didnt work either,so i used the same hdd on another computer and then i formated through windows as a regular hdd.Then i tried to install windows on my pc and it was succesfull.Not sure if this will help.

Solution