[SOLVED] Getting esent errors after my computer gets out of sleep mode?

Alpha_10

Reputable
Aug 4, 2017
Okay so I just got my first esent errors after my pc woke up from sleep mode, for the longest time my pc was in high preformance mode so was never in sleep mode only the monitor would go to sleep but I started doing tests on the pc to see if it was okay after a second power cut (writing this on phone because of the power cuts) thats when I saw my first esent errors im wondering if it's anything to be concerned over and if not how I can fix it? (The errors are esent 486, esent, 413 esent 492, esent 471, esent 104 and I noticed a disk 51 warning) also I'm running windows 8.1 pro I didn't see a windows 8 option, so I went with the closest to windows 8

Solution
Are you seeing them in event viewer or as actual errors on screen?

pretty sure everyone gets esent errors. they are database errors. Microsoft makes changes to OS but doesn't change enough so you get errors.

486 appears to be about a missing file
413 - <process name> (<process id>) Unable to create a new logfile because the database cannot write to the log drive. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error <error code>.
492 - The logfile sequence in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\" has been halted due to a fatal error. No further updates are possible for the databases that use this logfile sequence. Please correct the problem and restart or restore from backup.
471 - i can't find anything on it.
104 -...

Colif

Win 11 Master

pretty sure everyone gets esent errors. they are database errors. Microsoft makes changes to OS but doesn't change enough so you get errors.

413 - <process name> (<process id>) Unable to create a new logfile because the database cannot write to the log drive. The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error <error code>.
492 - The logfile sequence in "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\" has been halted due to a fatal error. No further updates are possible for the databases that use this logfile sequence. Please correct the problem and restart or restore from backup.
104 - This event is logged when task Scheduler failed to log on.

Many errors in event viewer are one offs, in that then next time a process is run it might work fine. Most of them can be ignored

see if this helps with any of them
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

413 & 492 appear to agree with disk error 51, you might want to check health of the boot drive.

As for disk 51, have you got a hdd or an ssd?
if hdd, type chkdsk c: /f /r in command prompt with admin rights. it will ask to run at startup, type Y and enter. restart PC and let it run.
if you have an ssd, type chkdsk c: /f in command prompt with admin rights. it will ask to run at startup, type Y and enter. restart PC and let it run.

Solution

Alpha_10

Reputable
Aug 4, 2017

104 - This event is logged when task Scheduler failed to log on.

Many errors in event viewer are one offs, in that then next time a process is run it might work fine. Most of them can be ignored

see if this helps with any of them
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

413 & 492 appear to agree with disk error 51, you might want to check health of the boot drive.

As for disk 51, have you got a hdd or an ssd?
if hdd, type chkdsk c: /f /r in command prompt with admin rights. it will ask to run at startup, type Y and enter. restart PC and let it run.
if you have an ssd, type chkdsk c: /f in command prompt with admin rights. it will ask to run at startup, type Y and enter. restart PC and let it run.
Okay also question should I be concerned? I think the messages were one offs I never got them again and I did do sfc/scannow and it found nothing and I checked my disk health in hdd sentinel it says it's at 100 percent health and it's a hard drive, Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth was unrecognized so I did dism /online /cleanup /RestoreHealth instead, which worked are they the same thing?

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I wouldn't worry about unless you get actual problems. I don't look in event viewer, Microsoft have actually changed it so most of what used to apepar as errors or higher are now just warnings. Only ones that might be problems are Critical errors I think now.

Yes, those are the same command, first is for Windows Powershell, the other is for Command Prompt. They achieve the same results.