Question Getting files off Galaxy S4 with broken display

GilaStomper

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
I broke my Galaxy S4 some time ago and never got the files off of it. The phone boots and seems to work in every regard except the display is completely black. My PC even recognises the phone but doesn't display any files, I think this is because I need to go on the phone itself and grant permissions to allow file transfer thru USB. I obviously can't do this with a completely black screen.

How do I grant file access to my S4 externally so I can access the devices files?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Very often you'll find the touch screen is still working even if the display is utterly dead.

I'd suggest trying to find an image of where the S4 presents its USB connection dialog, and how it presents it, and see if you can try to go through the process "blind."

GilaStomper

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2013
Very often you'll find the touch screen is still working even if the display is utterly dead.

I'd suggest trying to find an image of where the S4 presents its USB connection dialog, and how it presents it, and see if you can try to go through the process "blind."
Its been about a year since Ive used an s4 I would not have a clue where this dialouge would be.

EDIT: DrFone works but Im not giving them the stupid amount of money I need to pony up to get my files off my phone.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS