Getting frame drops while playing Ghost recon wildlands

May 1, 2018
Hi all,

I recently (end of februari) got myself a new pc, although I am very happy with my purchase, for the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing framedrops while playing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. It just drops from 40-50 FPS right down to 1 or 2 FPS and it does it constantly. I tried lowering the quality settings to the lowest I possibly could, but it did not help a lot, FPS went to 55-60, but framedrops still happen as often as they did before.

These are my system's specs:
Intel Core i5-8400
Nvidia Geforce 1050ti
8GB RAM

I would think I would be able to run this game even at medium settings. At first I thought it could be problem where I did not have enough RAM, or needed a better GPU, but according to the minimum required specs on steam I should indeed be able to run it without any issues.

After consulting msi afterburner and just the tasks manager, I noticed my RAM, CPU and GPU all going to 100% at some times. (Also HDD, but this is something I have had since the beginning)

After opening the case and removing the fan and radiator, I see thermal paste almost everywhere over the edge of my CPU.

Pls help, is it just normal and do I need an upgrade? Is it best to replace the thermal paste?

Thanks in advance.

May 1, 2018

I did not do it myself, but figured it was not wat you usually want to see. So if I just replace it, my pc should do just fine?