Question Getting frequent micro stutter in all games. Could it be my ram?

Mar 12, 2019
I'm running a ryzen 7 1700x on an Asus x470-Pro board and have the G.SKILL F4-3200c16d-16GVGB kit. I've tried swapping out my GPU, PSU, re-seating my CPU, re-installed windows,flashed bios, under clocked everything, and messed around with constant drivers and settings. However none of these attempts have been successful.

To describe my issue in more detail; in just about every game the image freezes up for a split second and occurs roughly every 20 seconds. This makes playing fps games difficult as my aim will be off due to it flying across the screen when it stutters. I can also observe this affect while in a browser. While scrolling it will sort of teleport down. It's very slight but nothing I do seems to fix it.

Mar 12, 2019
Do you have the latest BIOS? Are modules installed in A2 B2?

Run a benchmark test to see if results are as they should be.

As of right now no, however I have already tried every bios update to date and none have fixed the issue. After concluding that was not the issue I reverted back to the original.

The ram is installed in A2 B2 as was stated in the motherboards manual. I tried it in A1 B1 but it would not post. As far as benchmarking goes I ran windows memory diagnostic and it showed good results.

Mar 12, 2019
No, it should still be able to work, granted it is on the latest BIOS.

If not, let us know for further assistance.

Yes, I have tried it with the most recent bios. That did not fix the issue unfortunately. It seems I was able to make the stutter less common. I originally set the ram on the specified voltage of 1.35, however after increasing it to 1.4 it seems that the stuttering has gotten less frequent. I only wish that this would have fixed it entirely. Not sure what else to try from here.

To describe my issue in more detail; in just about every game the image freezes up for a split second and occurs roughly every 20 seconds. This makes playing fps games difficult as my aim will be off due to it flying across the screen when it stutters. I can also observe this affect while in a browser. While scrolling it will sort of teleport down. It's very slight but nothing I do seems to fix it.
Does your system have a WD Green or Blue drive?

Then double-check to make sure you have all your motherboard drivers installed (especially chipset). You can also check the Windows event viewer logs to see if there are error or warning messages being generated coincident with your freezes.

This PC -> right click -> Manage -> Event Viewer

Also try NOT installing or uninstalling any utility software which don't appear to be essential. I've seen similar symptoms caused by Intel's network tuning utility, by a hotkey utility program (to make Fn+F[1-0] keys do stuff on a laptop), and by a system utility to control the screen color(!).