[SOLVED] Getting green artifact lines on my new NZXT BLD PC

Mar 5, 2019
These are my specs for the pre-built PC I bought from NZXT BLD:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7GHz
CPU Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72
Motherboard: ASRock X470 Taichi (Black)
Ram: G. Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600 MHz (2)
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB (2)
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti LIGHTNING Z
PSU: Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1200W Platinum
Case: NZXT H700 (White)

I am experiencing the following issues with my new NZXT pre-built computer:

1. If I set the Display resolution to 1920 x 1080p (the resolution I would like to use), then there are flickering green artifact lines all across the screen.
  2. Even when set to 1366 x 768p, there are green and purple squiggly artifact lines that show up during boot on the black Asrock screen, showing that there is still a problem. But at this lower resolution, I don't experience the green lines when viewing Windows.
  3. There is no audio at all. The audio drivers appear to be installed and running, but there is no sound at all.
  4. The MSI GeForce RTX 2080 TI Lightning card displays the following error in Device Manager: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" I think this is an important clue to the problems I am having with the green artifact lines and the lack of audio.
I have tried the following:
  1. I removed and re-seated the graphics card. I also checked the power cables and they appear to be installed correctly.
  2. I uninstalled and re-installed the Nvidia GeForce 20 series drivers.
None of this has had any effect on the issue:
  1. The card still displays the "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" error in Device Manager.
  2. I still cannot set the display resolution to 1920 x 1080 without the green artifact lines.
  3. There is still no audio.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or ideas for how this could be fixed, or ideas about what the problem could be?

Also, I have created a ticket with NZXT, but I haven't gotten a response in two business days. Today is Tuesday, and I have been posting updates and requests for help since last Thursday night with no response. I know that they are not open for support on weekends, though. I'm just really concerned and finding it hard going on with life, concentrating at work, with this weighing on me. I have a PC that cost me almost 5K that is unusable, and I'm not getting a quick response or help from NZXT. I know that technically I have a 2 year warranty and a 30 day return policy, but it is all in their hands to make this right. Does anyone have any advice on how to handle this on the NZXT end? Or examples of their personal experience with NZXT's customer service? Do you think I should try to aim for returning this during the 30 day window, since I am already having so many problems with it?

Mar 5, 2019
I really appreciate the link, Calvin7! I got in touch with NZXT, and the Support on the line when I called let me know that he has been hearing a lot of these issues with the Geforce RTX 2080 TIs as well. For NZXT customers they say that all they can do is issue a RMA for the card.

So I'm left with decisions I'm struggling with in deciding, and I was hoping some people here with more experience and expertise could help me on it:

Should I request a different graphics card replacement, like one that has been proven to be more reliable and stable, with fewer reported issues, and perhaps not so on the "bleeding edge?" If so, that kind of leads to the question of the common denominator of the artifacts-lines problem -- is it the RTX series only? If so, maybe something like the GTX 1080 TI would be fine and suitable enough for my purposes? I'd really appreciate any suggestions! Or any suggestion also if you think that I am overthinking it, and should just get a replacement for the same product, another RTX 2080 TI. Lastly, do you think, based on my experiences so far, that this graphics card replacement should solve all the problems I'm having? I worry about it not solving my problems because I just bought the PC, and I'm still in my 30 day window where I could request to return it. By the time I receive a replacement graphics card and try it out, it might be too late for that, and I'll be stuck with this 4K PC if it's still having problems (and I'll have to keep bugging Support).

I really appreciate any help or advice! Thanks so much!

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks for the feedback! :) I figure that, too, and it's not like I will be using this PC to stream cutting edge games at 4K or anything. I plan to use it mostly for streaming the Switch.