Getting ICY BOX IB-RD2252 to access drive data

merit42

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
My Alienware M17x r2 laptop running Windows Ultimate 7 stopped working all of the sudden. The problem is video card and power button board related. Anyway, I removed the 2 Seagate 320GB harddrives (which have data) which are in a RAID 0 configuration and connected them using ICY Box IB-RD252 to my friend's Toshiba Satellite R830 laptop (running Windows 7 Professional). The finder displays three partitions. However, it tells me that I need to format the three partitions??? I need to access my data. Can you please help? Thank you.

RealBeast

Titan
It is often difficult or impossible to take RAID disks and but them on a different controller and have them function properly. You may have some luck with Easeus Data Recovery, which works on some RAID configurations. You should be good with the free trial as it will recover up to 1gb until you have to upgrade.

In the future consider avoiding RAID 0, as not only drive failure but controller failure is a real problem.

merit42

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

Thanks realbeast. I will give this a try. Fingers crossed.

merit42

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
I have tried your solution. I even tried the pro version of Easeus. When the program builds a directory it freezes one third of the way. It's been this way for two hours. It's the same result every time. I have tried unchecking various things and I have also tried reading comments at the EaseUS forums. No luck. Sigh.