Apr 6, 2019
Before I start here are my specs
I7-7900k
RTX 2070 XC gaming ultra
Arorus z390 pro wifi
16 gigs of ddr4 vengeance ram
850 wats of thermal take psu
thermal take v200 case

Everythings in performance mode but when I try to play games like assassins creed odessy on ultra it lags at 50-40 fps and when I change the settings to very high its the same 40-50 fps so I have no clue whats going on the witcher 3 on a bench mark gets 100+ fps me with the same card gets 40-50 on the witcher Any advice or how to fix do I get a replacment card or is it not the card?

Last edited:

RubberDuck314

Prominent
Apr 6, 2019
Did you do DDU before putting in the new gpu to remove any old gpu drivers or placed it in 16 slot on motherboard and also how long you had the 850 thermal take PSU not suggesting its the PSU just wondering also check this thread out someone with same cpu and another 2070 modal gpu had same fault

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/problems-with-my-i7-9700k-and-rtx-2070-build.3523629/

Mine isn't going to 100 percent its in the 50 percentish it just lags on gamers were it shouldn't Ive had the PSU a year so my situation and his seem diffrent

Mine isn't going to 100 percent its in the 50 percentish it just lags on gamers were it shouldn't Ive had the PSU a year so my situation and his seem diffrent

I would try what he suggested. I would do DDU and install the drivers and make sure that your BIOS is upto date even if the usage of both of yours are kinda different make sure everything is upto date and what speed your cpu are you running at and also are both the temps ok cpu and gpu!

RubberDuck314

Prominent
Apr 6, 2019
I would try what he suggested. I would do DDU and install the drivers and make sure that your BIOS is upto date even if the usage of both of yours are kinda different make sure everything is upto date and what speed your cpu are you running at and also are both the temps ok cpu and gpu!

GPU temp in the 50s
cpu 50-70
Ive even completly reset my pc yesterday Imma update BIos im a bit new to this whats DDU