[SOLVED] Getting less than 100 kbps download when should be 25 MBps

Oct 1, 2021
I am using an ethernet cable for my desktop and ran a speed test that says I am getting 220 mbps download. But I am downloading a 4GB file and only getting 100 kbps which will take 10 hours. I already called my ISP and they said nothing was wrong on their end. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

Solution
Where are you downloading from? Connection to your isp may be 25MB/sec, but that doesn't mean it'll always be that. Your download speed is dictated by server connection from which you're downloading from. They may be congested or having issues of their own.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Where are you downloading from? Connection to your isp may be 25MB/sec, but that doesn't mean it'll always be that. Your download speed is dictated by server connection from which you're downloading from. They may be congested or having issues of their own.

Solution
Oct 1, 2021
I am downloading from kali.org, I need the kali for virtualbox for a school project.

TRENDING THREADS