[SOLVED] Getting low FPS whenever I move in CSGO

Feb 29, 2020
Recently i bought a PC my friend built and im curious as if its capable off the mid range gaming id like to do. Whenever i play CSGO and move i get fps spikes, but when im spectating or watching other players its completely smooth. Here are the specs

CPU: Intel i3-8100

CPU Cooler: Darkflash Shadow

MOBO: Gigabyte H310M A

RAM: Patriot 8gb DDR4

GPU: EVGA GTX 960

SSD: Gigastone 512gb

PSU: OCZ Silencer 470W Power Supply

Case: Montech Flyer

Fans: 3 Aigo 120mm RGB fans + 2 FZVAN

Are these specs capable of mid range gaming?

Solution
In csgo your fine with even 6gb ram so that is not the problem unless something else is using your ram resources.
Ctrl-alt-del and go task manager and check how much RAM is in use % while your ingame, You need to be ingame and playing while alt-tabbing and checking it.

Your gpu and cpu are well within the specs for doing normal graphics with 144+fps
Feb 28, 2020
Currently have it on Medium. I feel the CPU is definitely more than capable of running games at decent fps, i feel its either my GPU or Ram thats lacking

If you multitask (have web browsers or music apps etc. open) then you will definitely need more RAM and that would be the cheapest upgrade of the 2. It'll definitely improve fps a little but might not fully fix the problem so I'd look at a GPU upgrade in the longer term and consider lowering any less noticeable graphic settings until you can overcome the bottlenecking that you're experiencing. Btw, I don't play CS:GO but if there is a setting or a config file you could change to allow more RAM to be dedicated to the game then that should help a ton.

In csgo your fine with even 6gb ram so that is not the problem unless something else is using your ram resources.
Ctrl-alt-del and go task manager and check how much RAM is in use % while your ingame, You need to be ingame and playing while alt-tabbing and checking it.

Your gpu and cpu are well within the specs for doing normal graphics with 144+fps

Solution