Getting Low framerates on Mid/High end Gaming PC (When it used to.)

nicpag

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
Just before you question the specs, here.

ASrock Z97 Anniversary Motherboard LGA-1150
EVGA Geforce GTX 750 TI FTW 2 ACX coolers
24GB G.Skill RAM At 2133MHZ
700W Thermaltake TR2 PSU
Intel i5 4460 w/ 4 core 4 thread 6mb cache @ 3.2 GHZ

I've been a nice gamer for a while, Enjoying what has been going on through out GTA 5, GTA 4, PD2, CSGO and such, But now all my games went from 60FPS down to 10-6FPS average and 3 min. This has been a scary thing for me now since my PC has done this ever since last night, and I was like "This just needs a restart probably".

Well, it doesn't.

The temperatures are fine during its load and idle, Running 40-50C on the CPU at load, 30-ish on Idle, GPU is going at 31 Idle, and 40-50 at load. 55 on GTA 5.

I really need a solution to this, since I am really needing to make some Youtube videos for my channel, and Im already off schedule onto the videos due to this problem.

I ran the benchmarking also in Kombustor, on all the lowest and highest, still got 6-10FPS.

Solution
Saying that this issue just turned up all of a sudden and you haven't changed any settings or installed any new hardware and your temps are in check I would start with software. First step is to download and install Malwarebytes and run a custom scan on the entire drive where you OS is installed (usually C). Remove any malware and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that it finds and restart your computer. These programs and malware can sap a lot of computer resources from CPU to RAM usage and could be your problem. If that doesn't fix your problem run task manager and see if there is anything using up large amounts of system resources (RAM or CPU). If you find something using a lot of resources list what is hogging up the resources.
Saying that this issue just turned up all of a sudden and you haven't changed any settings or installed any new hardware and your temps are in check I would start with software. First step is to download and install Malwarebytes and run a custom scan on the entire drive where you OS is installed (usually C). Remove any malware and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) that it finds and restart your computer. These programs and malware can sap a lot of computer resources from CPU to RAM usage and could be your problem. If that doesn't fix your problem run task manager and see if there is anything using up large amounts of system resources (RAM or CPU). If you find something using a lot of resources list what is hogging up the resources.

Solution

nicpag

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015

I did a system restore, and it apparently fixed everything. Nevermind man!