[SOLVED] Getting low frames not sure why

Oct 30, 2020
So I built my pc a few years ago now and am experiencing low frames in most all games that I play on low settings. I’ve changed all performance settings for highest performance and still get low frames.

My build: amd ryzen 5 1600, gigabyte gtx 1660 ti, Corsair vengeance 16gb 3000 ddr4, msi b450 tomahawk Arctic, evga g2 550w 80+ gold.
My question is why am I still having low frames after I optimized everything even on the lowest settings? Any help would be much appreciated. Thinking of getting a newer cpu soon

Solution
I used msi afterburner for GPU and ryzen master for cpu. And was playing warzone to get these numbers:
GPU temp : never over 52c
It’s also sitting at 1920 MHz while in game
CPU temp:never over 47c
Not sure how to check CPU usage
Also I forgot to mention I do have an overclock profile running on my cpu. Standard 3.2mhz I’m pushing 3.8mhz.
According to warzones graphics settings I should only be using 2245 out of 5991mb vram
My ssd is pretty full with 11.3gb left out of 222gb as I have windows installed there. I install most of my games to my hdd which has 425gb free out of 1tb.
Could it be that my hdd is holding me back? It’s not the best as I’ve had it for a few years now but it still runs strong.
Thanks
I wouldnt game on a...
Oct 30, 2020
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage? how full is the ssd?
I used msi afterburner for GPU and ryzen master for cpu. And was playing warzone to get these numbers:
Also I forgot to mention I do have an overclock profile running on my cpu. Standard 3.2mhz I’m pushing 3.8mhz.
According to warzones graphics settings I should only be using 2245 out of 5991mb vram
My ssd is pretty full with 11.3gb left out of 222gb as I have windows installed there. I install most of my games to my hdd which has 425gb free out of 1tb.
Could it be that my hdd is holding me back? It’s not the best as I’ve had it for a few years now but it still runs strong.
Thanks

Oct 29, 2020
Thanks
I wouldnt game on a hdd. You should look into a new ssd for your games then your ingame performance should get better

Solution

SH Gaming

Reputable
Oct 2, 2020
It would help give more storage to the HDD as well, which will help. If you also can manage to get a 1tb ssd, do that and just leave the HDD for stuff that is not really needed or drivers. Drivers you can always reinstall (hopefully)