Getting Low or variable FPS on games Please Help

LeHerpDeeDerp

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
I've had this problem of getting low fps before, but it was solved by replacing an old HDD that had a virus that greatly raised my CPU usage and couldn't be removed with any program. I first learned I had the original HDD problem because I plugged in my friends HDD into my system and it worked great, so I know my system can handle the games. After I replaced it I was getting much better FPS and CPU usage such as 90 FPS on BF4 with only 70% CPU usage, but now it's slowly getting worse. On BF4 it's anywhere from 30-80; Minecraft is 15-100 and anything else I play is basically the same variability. I've updated all my drivers, optimized my games and specs, but it's not working. I also have a friend who has a 3 year old AMD card, and he claims he gets a constant 100fps on MC while mine fluctuates. Does anybody have a clue on how to fix it? Because I don't want to know that I have another hidden virus, and I've been to Tiger Direct and they basically told me to screw off because I didn't have the Windows sticker on my rig, and I don't trust BestBuy with anything.

Specs:
Windows 8.1
CPU: i5-3570K
Graphics: GTX 760SC
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LX LGA 1155 Intel Z77
HDD: 1TB WD 7200rpm
PSU: Corsair CX750 Builder Series
RAM: 8GB Corsair
CPU Fan: Stock Intel fan (I also have a Cooler Master Hyper 212EVO to switch if needed, but it just barely fits in my case)

IRyannHD

Distinguished
Delete your GPU drivers manually from the control panel>uninstall a program and delete everything nvidia, but I recommend a sweeper like Guru3D and then reinstall the GPU drivers from the website not experience etc.