Getting lower than I should FPS in Metro 2033 redux

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014
Processor - AMD FX 8320 Black Edition (8 Cores @ 3.5GHz)
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 270X 4GB OC edition
RAM - 2x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X (8GB DDR3 @ 1866)
Power Supply - 850watt EVGA SuperNOVA G2
Motherboard - GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

In Metro 2033 Redux i get around 45 FPS (on very high with SSAO off ) in all my other games i normally get 60FPS all the time
In Metro Last Light i got 60FPS (sometimes dropped to 50s)
Any idea how i can fix it? or am i SOL and best to deal with it at 45?
thank you :)

Solution

Reduced settings does allow for higher FPS. Metro 2033 is very demanding. Even with 680 SLI, I could not play it at max and get 60 solid FPS. 680 SLI is...
I'm not sure how Metro 2033 Redux compares to normal Metro 2033, but with normal Metro 2033, that sounds about right, if not higher than what I'd expect you to get. Metro 2033 is a demanding game. You can't expect exceptional FPS with almost all maxed out settings.

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014

from what i heard Metro Last Light and 2033 redux run on the same graphics engine and i could play Last Light at a solid 60fps tho on Last Light i had to go in the file and change something with the shadows and disable Physx because i was only getting 15fps but after that fix i was at a solid 60 on max

Reduced settings does allow for higher FPS. Metro 2033 is very demanding. Even with 680 SLI, I could not play it at max and get 60 solid FPS. 680 SLI is much faster than a 270x. I don't know how last light compares on demands.

It is especially bad if you enable PhysX and or advanced DoF.

Solution

DefectedSOul

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2014

i tweaked a few little things and got it to about 55 fps and still looks nice

He's being unrealistic and not going by what others have benched or claimed with same spec, same game.

You can talk all you want about how your sys plays most games, but if you don't say what games at what settings, it doesn't mean beans.

Some people just can't be bothered to type their spec and game into Google and look for realistic results to compare to. Instead they make a speculative rant thread on a knee jerk reaction.

At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter, because a 4A at their new and much deserved Malta HQ will continue to put out games that set new standards for graphic realism and optimization, a rare combination these days.