[SOLVED] getting mic audio from 2 computers to each other for dual streams

Hisashi705

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
so, kind of an odd setup that I am trying to help my brother with here, both he and his wife both stream on twitch for fun and they both have their own computer for doing it in the same room(small house). lately, them, myself and our other brother have been streaming borderlands together on all our respective channels but since they are in the same room they mute each other over discord so they won't be hearing a bad echo of each other as they play, but this has the downside that the audience for my brother can't hear his wife and visa versa. this isn't a problem when they stream with just the 2 of them as they have a workaround that does the job, but that can't be done with more than just the 2 of them.

all that context out of the way, does anyone know of a way that they would be able to send their mic inputs to each others computers that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg? Or at least a way that they can get the other person heard on their own stream without having to hear each other over their own headsets? they are both using USB mics btw in case that matters and their comps are maybe 6 feet from each other. no other specialty audio equipment is used.

any ideas or advice would be greatly welcomed as I honestly have no idea.

Solution
We found a solution thanks to a suggestion elsewhere. We set up a mumble server on one of their computers and they use mumble to get their audio to the other person while they are using discord to get their audio to everyone else(and to get everyone elses audio). they set mumble to take their preferred mic input(vb audio cable in this case as they use voicemeeter) and to output to an unused output(on one it's a turned off wireless headset and the other is a speaker system that's muted) and told obs to listen to the unused audio source as a secondary source.

just posting this here in case anyone stumbles upon this while looking for a solution to a similar issue

Hisashi705

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
We found a solution thanks to a suggestion elsewhere. We set up a mumble server on one of their computers and they use mumble to get their audio to the other person while they are using discord to get their audio to everyone else(and to get everyone elses audio). they set mumble to take their preferred mic input(vb audio cable in this case as they use voicemeeter) and to output to an unused output(on one it's a turned off wireless headset and the other is a speaker system that's muted) and told obs to listen to the unused audio source as a secondary source.

just posting this here in case anyone stumbles upon this while looking for a solution to a similar issue

Solution