Getting my TV to be a clone of my monitor with two different cards

enterthecookie

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
I upgraded my computer and kept my old GTX 275 to mainly use as a Physx card. My old setup was just 1 single GTX 275 and it had my monitor connected with a DVI cable + my TV with a HDMI(tv)-to-DVI cable in the other DVI slot. I was able to simply go into the nvidia control panel and change some options and make it clone whatever was on my monitor to be on my TV, this way I could watch movies and such while laying on my bed and watching TV.

Now I have a GTX 570 installed and my monitor is connected to it with the DVI cable. My TV has to remain plugged into the GTX 275 because of the spdif option the GTX 275 has. Basically - I connected a little wire to the motherboard and then to the GTX 275 which allowed sound to be carried over so that my TV speakers would work.

But with the GTX 570 - it doesn't have the spdif slot on the card- instead it has a mini-hdmi slot and I think I would have to connect the Mini-HDMI to HDMI adapter that came with the GTX 570 then get another 25ft cable - but HDMI-to-HDMI instead of the current HDMI-to-DVI I have... and I don't really want to do that. That's why I attached it to the GTX 275.

I tried to google and tried so many different things... but I just can't figure out how to clone it over. I can only get it extended display, which only shows my background on the TV, or to use monitor/TV as primary - no cloning at all. I read something on DualView... but I don't see the option in nvidia control panel or anywhere at all.

Any ideas?