Getting network to work with Zonealarm

Can only get my home network to work if I turn off my zonealarm firewall.
Have only two pc`s connected by ethernet cable, any suggestions please?

anthony fidler wrote:
> Can only get my home network to work if I turn off my zonealarm firewall.
> Have only two pc`s connected by ethernet cable, any suggestions please?

go into the "firewall" tab on the left, then the "zones" tab on the top,
and then add the computers to each other's safe lists using the buttons
at the bottom.

mark

"anthony fidler" <anthony.fidler@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Can only get my home network to work if I turn off my zonealarm firewall.
> Have only two pc`s connected by ethernet cable, any suggestions please?

You need to set the zones for it to work.

Under firewall you have 2 tabs Main and Zone, there should be an entry for
your internet connection and one that shows your network cards ip address.
Set the network card to trusted and you should then be able to access each
pc's shared folders

Mark

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

"mark" <neo_cerberus@SoftHome.net> wrote in message

> "anthony fidler" <anthony.fidler@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Can only get my home network to work if I turn off my zonealarm
firewall.
> > Have only two pc`s connected by ethernet cable, any suggestions please?
> >

> You need to set the zones for it to work.
>
> Under firewall you have 2 tabs Main and Zone, there should be an entry for
> your internet connection and one that shows your network cards ip address.
> Set the network card to trusted and you should then be able to access each
> pc's shared folders
>
> Mark

You also need to have the paid for version of Zonealarm, the free
donwloadable version doesn`t support networking. I tried. IIRC theres
some info on this on the zonealarm website.

Pete

"Pete" <petey.bob@spamvirgin.net> wrote in message

> "mark" <neo_cerberus@SoftHome.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "anthony fidler" <anthony.fidler@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Can only get my home network to work if I turn off my zonealarm
> firewall.
> > > Have only two pc`s connected by ethernet cable, any suggestions
please?

> > You need to set the zones for it to work.
> >
> > Under firewall you have 2 tabs Main and Zone, there should be an entry
for
> > your internet connection and one that shows your network cards ip
address.
> > Set the network card to trusted and you should then be able to access
each
> > pc's shared folders
> >
> > Mark
> >

> You also need to have the paid for version of Zonealarm, the free
> donwloadable version doesn`t support networking. I tried. IIRC theres
> some info on this on the zonealarm website.
>
> Pete

Not so. The free version supports trusted zones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts