Getting new 5830 any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

budsatawny

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
OK I, after a couple of weeks searching and comparing, have decided to get a 5830 to replace my hd4850.
Now I need some pointers of how to get the most out of it.
Any thoughts? Am sorta lookin for voltages and oc marks that have worked for other people.
I know that no 2 cards will perform the same but a ballpark figure would be nice.
Thanx in advance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102879

This is the card I ordered. :hello:

Solution
i dont see why not its an option on the rma thing. you can return opened items so i dont know exactly how it works but you might lose a few bucks shipping. there was a 5850 for 250 recently also seen 5830 at 170. if you wanna keep it just keep it nothing against that its not a bad card. but if your having second thoughts there are other options. if your not in dire need of a card right now could hold off till the price drops. get a 5850 cheap or possibly the new 6k series and also have the new cod to play :)
G

i dont know why ...but 5830 is not that good . its too LONG & consumes a lot of power ....
look at this ... 4850>5770>4870>5830>4890>5850 ..its not that big UPGRADE unless you try to upgrade to 5850 or get 2 5770 ...but dont crossfire because . crossfire has its own troubles . SINGLE 5850 is recomanded ... or crossfire 2X5770 ..but dont get 5830 .

G

5830 is little ...how too say ...it just like a fat boy that eats a lot ...& its too larg & doesnt give you the thing that you want ... so look for Strong boy ..not a fat .

GTX 460 is perfect but ...ATI 5850 is better ...& after all if your gaming ..go for ATI ...it some how ...perform fast frame rates & handle heavy oporations ..& kill the LAGS . if you imagine 2 card with same power ...one ATI & one NVIDIA ...ati has something that NVIDIA doesnt have . ATI is faster

Yeah, an HD5830 is not a very good choice unless you are getting a great deal and $210 is not that. A GTX 460 or saving up a bit more for an HD5850 would have been a better idea. Even if you were to get an HD5830 that model is not the best choice. The "good" news is you don't need to worry about voltages as that model will not allow you to raise the voltage on the core. As such your OC will likely be limited to 50-100mhz.

5830 is little ...how too say ...it just like a fat boy that eats a lot ...& its too larg & doesnt give you the thing that you want ... so look for Strong boy ..not a fat .

GTX 460 is perfect but ...ATI 5850 is better ...& after all if your gaming ..go for ATI ...it some how ...perform fast frame rates & handle heavy oporations ..& kill the LAGS . if you imagine 2 card with same power ...one ATI & one NVIDIA ...ati has something that NVIDIA doesnt have . ATI is faster
You don't half post some cobblers! :pfff:

budsatawny

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010

Ya think newegg would go for that??...I mean they do have excellent cust serv...Maybe I''ll try..probably will keep it as my 4850 is starting to have probs, and I don't have another card:-(...Thanx for the idea though:)

budsatawny

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010

you are correct I'm not worried about power consumption...just a good middle end card...and at 209 w/CODMW2 it''s a steal 4 me:)

skervy

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
i dont see why not its an option on the rma thing. you can return opened items so i dont know exactly how it works but you might lose a few bucks shipping. there was a 5850 for 250 recently also seen 5830 at 170. if you wanna keep it just keep it nothing against that its not a bad card. but if your having second thoughts there are other options. if your not in dire need of a card right now could hold off till the price drops. get a 5850 cheap or possibly the new 6k series and also have the new cod to play :)

Solution

Timop

Distinguished
Newegg can theoretically charge you a 15% restocking fee actually, so you get only $180 back plus the shipping costs.

If you want to buy MW2 in the first place, its not THAT bad of a deal, its pretty much on par with the 460. Especially if it comes with a MIR.

budsatawny

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
I think I'm just gonna keep it and crossfire when I upgd the rest of my system at X-mas....Like I said am getting glitches on my hd4850, just started today...Maybe it's jealous!!!...LOL..Thanx again everybody!!

Status
Not open for further replies.