RAM: 2x4gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz ddr3 ram
GPU: asus directcu II gtx 560 OC 925mhz
SSD: Corsair GT Sandforce 90gb sata3
PSU: Corsair GS600
HDD: WD 320gb 5400rpm sata2
CASE: Bitfenix merc beta
FANS: 2x120mm front intake / 1x120mm rear outtake

Some questions:
1) Will i have to update my bios for my CPU to work and how do i do that without a working CPU?
2) Will my corsair vengeance work on this board even tho its not on the support list ?
3) Is 600W corsair PSU enough ?
4) Can i overclock my CPU to a 4.0ghz with a stock cooler and decent temp/stability ?
5) I want to install my OS to an SSD but i have it on my HDD atm. Ive never used an ssd or two hdds before. How do i do it ? Do i have to use AHCI mode and only hook up my SSD and after OS install i can hotswap my HDD (with ahci) and format it in windows ?
6) Hows the balance/compatibility of this system ? Is something bottlenecking something ?

Thank you!

1. No.
2. Yes.
3. Yes
4. Yes / possibly with decent temp/stability. Depends on variables in CPU/MB choice and sill of overclocker.
5. Install SSD ACHI and install Windows. Add HDD afterwards.
6. Nicely balanced performance (with, or without overclocking).

cheti

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
What do you mean: Depends on variables in CPU/MB choice and sill of overclocker ?

Also:
7) Is fx8120 + hyper evo 212 + 990fx setup better in performance and games than current ?
8) Do i need to know anything specific when installing and putting this system together ?

I mean it depends on the variables in CPU, motherboard choice and skill of overclocker.

7. No
8. Here is a Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC

Look over the forum's "System won't boot" checklist to see some of the common build errors and how to avoid them.

-> The usual advice; read the manual / install guide; look at the parts, read the manual again and if everything makes sense and looks right - then go ahead with the install.

While you're waiting for delivery you can download the online version of the motherboard manual and start getting familiar with it. Same for the other parts you want to order if they have install guides or manuals available online.