Question Getting new SSD, looking to wipe hard drive.

Clintano

Honorable
Apr 4, 2017
I am getting an ssd, which i will be putting windows on. I currently have a 1tb which i am looking to use as mass storage like games and things like that. I have made backups and all that is needed, i have also made a windows 10 usb, all I am wondering is when getting through the windows 10 install screen and choosing which drive to install to, I have seen videos of people just deleting them but as u know i want to wipe everything and then put whats needed back on. Would i choose format or delete during the process as i am afraid that deleting it will make me unable to use the drive eg. delete everything except ssd, install on ssd, when booted into windows hard drive doesnt show up.
Thanks in advance

Not sure what your thoughts are on the Windows setup, the SSD has nothing on it since it's new, so nothing to delete. The drive you have has nothing to do with the Windows setup as far as wiping it. Remove your original drive, plug in the SSD to the lowest SATA port number, run the Windows setup. Once Windows is installed and drivers for motherboard, etc.. are installed, plug in the original drive. Format it inside Windows.

Reactions: Clintano