getting no signal on hdmi port?

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
MY Monitor : Samsung S23b300H
desktop pc : Hp 8300.
using : display port to Hdmi Adaptor and hdmi to hdmi cable.
As my desktop internal port are vga and display port, that why im using a adaptor since my monitor dont have display port. just Vga and Hdmi port.

The monitor was working fine till late night with the adaptor as i have being using it for over 3 months with the adaptor before i shut it down for the night.
In the morning, I wanted to check another monitor that i had which stopped displaying anything two days back. I connected my vga and hdmi cables( with display port to hdmi adaptor) but it wasnt showing even the check signal sign.
so when i unplug it and connected my regular monitor, the DP to HDMI adaptor with hdmi cables wouldnt work with the monitor anymore while the vga cable is working.
Is the cable being damage or adaptor have been damaged by connecting to the another monitor which wasnt displaying???

Is they anyway i can fix the DP to Hdmi adaptor?? as if it is damage i would like to mess with it or is it my pc issue?

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

i will retry it again, but is they a way to fix the adaptor if not then i guess i need to buy a new one as im not enjoying vga display after using hdmi display

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

i guess as it isnt working.
and i sure would like to open it and see what is loose or burn inside.
any video for opening it.
as i saw one for vga to hdmi but i dont think it might work for this as from back side they dont seem any opening

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like its a sealed unit.

Wont know for sure unless you try another adapter and hope it's not the onboard graphics displayport at fault. Make sure the displayport cable is properly inserted, it should be locked in unable to pull it out.

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

that what i though as from back it is sealed.
i have two desktop pc both hp 8300. using the inboard display port only. and dont work on both. as i bought two of these with hdmi cables for the ports in the monitors.

i guess if i cant open it, then i will have to take pc with me and check the new before buying it. as once bought cant return or exchange it, as no warranty is given on these items

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

2 adaptors and 2 hdmi cables for both desktop and monitor.
once for myself and others for my brothers.
first his adaptor stop working all of sudden then mine.
right now we both are using vga cables, as none have dedicated gpu card.

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

i will see if they are available as mostly these adaptor are chinese that is available here easily and price is almost same as my hdmi cable i bought... also chinese.

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

hassle free .. Yes!!!
but they is quality differences when i use with Vga cable and dp to hdmi adaptor + hdmi cable connected to monitor

more brighter, clearer u can say.
sure im not using the full resoluition of display port of my pc since my led monitor support 180p for vga and hdmi only.

vampelle

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

i got it opened, just had to use the screw slowly on the edge until it went inside and i pull it out.

got to see the wrires, all seem to be fine and intact, except one yellow wire which seem to be little loose but not completely.
will take to electronic on monday and will see

TRENDING THREADS