[SOLVED] Getting "No VGA detected" beeps with Samsung CRG9 ?

i_like_cookies

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2013
I am having issues with a new Samsung CRG9. When I boot, and the monitor is on and in standby, I get the 1 beep post then a 1 long 3 short beep aka No VGA detected. Everything is working fine after that. If I turn the monitor off, boot up then turn the monitor on after post I get no beeps. If I swap the CRG9 with my old ASUS 23" it boots fine with no beep codes. I am stumped. Any recommendations?

Specs:
ASUS z490 mobo
Intel 10900k CPU
Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3200
EVGA 850w PSU
ASUS GTX1060 6gb << I know this is weak. Im holding off until I don't have to sell a kidney nor hunt for unicorns to get an RTX3090

Thank you!

Solution
set the monitor to PC mode
" If the monitor is in HDMI, DisplayPort1, DisplayPort2 mode and the screen says Check the cable connection and the settings of the source device. or power saving mode activates, press the JOG button to display the function-button screen and then select the icon. You can select PC or AV. "

update the BIOS of your motherboard

check the cable connection of your monitor. How is it connected? HDMI, DVI, DP? try a different cable

eventually disable Smart ECO Saving+
" If the monitor is in HDMI, DisplayPort1, DisplayPort2 mode and the screen says Check the cable connection and the settings of the source device. or power saving mode activates, press the JOG button to display the function-button screen and then select the icon. You can select PC or AV. "

check the cable connection of your monitor. How is it connected? HDMI, DVI, DP? try a different cable

Solution

i_like_cookies

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2013

Thank you. I am in PC mode using a DP1.4 cable. I tried the cable it came with and another DP1.4 cable. I am using the custom profile that was already setup in the monitor. Im using FreeSync Ultimate so refresh rate, response time, low input lag, and Smart Eco Savings are grayed out. The BIOS was updated two months ago when I got a new MOBO and CPU. Im not sure what to try next.