Getting Performance Monitor Alerts to email me?

Hi there,

I've just got a new job as a network administrator and i am trying to
automate some of my daily tasks as they can get a bit tedious.

I am trying to setup performance monitor to check on the diskspace of a
server and alert me when it goes below a certain level and to send me
an alert via email. I have setup the alert to create an entry into the
event log successfully.

How can i get performance monitor to send me an alert via email? Is
there a command line utility to send me an email with the alert details
in?

Anyone set this up previously?

Thanks for the help in advance.

John

On 30 Aug 2005 03:56:19 -0700, "foxy1977" <foxj77@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I've just got a new job as a network administrator and i am trying to
>automate some of my daily tasks as they can get a bit tedious.
>
>I am trying to setup performance monitor to check on the diskspace of a
>server and alert me when it goes below a certain level and to send me
>an alert via email. I have setup the alert to create an entry into the
>event log successfully.
>
>How can i get performance monitor to send me an alert via email? Is
>there a command line utility to send me an email with the alert details
>in?
>
>Anyone set this up previously?
>
>Thanks for the help in advance.
>
>John

See tip 8860 » What options does BLAT, the freeware command-line SMTP mailer, support?
and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com