Question Getting ping spikes in every game ,after troubleshooting for non existing packet loss problem

Starninja49

Commendable
Sep 12, 2020
I have tried to do this trouble shooting because i thought i had packet loss . I didn't had any packet loss i just read the graph wrong but after , doing this process to solve the non existing problem . I am getting network rrt and jitter spikes on the valorant graph can anyone help please. (ENGLISH IS NOT NATIVE). And recently i tried ping plotter it shows sticks on what i assume are spikes from 230 latency to 330 sometimes (330 being the highest i ever got).This was not a problem in any games before i did some stuff to reduce the non existing packet loss.

Flushing DNS Cache: Try to Flush and clear whenever you feel your Internet is not working fine. DNS Cache in Windows will clear your cache of IP addresses and other DNS records. By doing this, security issues, connectivity issues, and other problems can be resolved. Steps: Go to your start menu Type cmd and open as an administrator Now type ipconfig/flushdns in CMD and hit enter. Restart your Computer Changing DNS In Windows: Changing your DNS server can help make your gaming experience better. With your router, it's incredibly easy to change your DNS server. You have to select the options provided. On the local area connection Right-click on the internet icon and Open Network and Internet settings Go to "Change your Adaptor Options," And Open your internet properties, Then click internet protocol version 4 Go to its properties. You need to select the option that has the "DNS server of your choosing." If you change it to 8.8.8.8, for example, the DNS server Google uses Or you can Use Cloud servers. After changing DNS, press ok.

ping plotter test result

Not sure why you have the dns stuff in your post. The problem is not DNS related. DNS purely converts a name to a IP address. Once the pc has the IP address it no longer needs to use DNS and all commuinication is done via the IP. Traffic does not actually go to the DNS server.

Your pingplotter is strange. It appears you are not using a router since the first hop is a ISP ip address. What is strange is the second hop is huge. This appears to be inside your ISP network. Not sure what this could be. If this was the first hop you get big delay if you are using say a cellular broadband. It is not likely the case that there is a cellular connection in the middle. This also is what a VPN looks like but it would not be common for a ISP to have a vpn in their network.

I would call your isp and ask them if they know what is causing that delay. Both ip come back to BHARTI

Starninja49

Commendable
Sep 12, 2020
Not sure why you have the dns stuff in your post. The problem is not DNS related. DNS purely converts a name to a IP address. Once the pc has the IP address it no longer needs to use DNS and all commuinication is done via the IP. Traffic does not actually go to the DNS server.

Your pingplotter is strange. It appears you are not using a router since the first hop is a ISP ip address. What is strange is the second hop is huge. This appears to be inside your ISP network. Not sure what this could be. If this was the first hop you get big delay if you are using say a cellular broadband. It is not likely the case that there is a cellular connection in the middle. This also is what a VPN looks like but it would not be common for a ISP to have a vpn in their network.

I would call your isp and ask them if they know what is causing that delay. Both ip come back to BHARTI
i didnt understood what you said can you explain it in simpler terms thank you

TRENDING THREADS