Question Getting really bad fps for my system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 10, 2021
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45345926
I was curious to see what was going on with my pc as I checked what I should be getting on COD MW. It says 284, but in warzone, I get 1/3-1/4 of that, multiplayer is often around 100, and on Valorant I get half of my expected 400+ at best. I'm quite confused on what is wrong, and if anyone knows what is going on, please let me know. Thank you!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Find out what's eating up ram. In both runs, the amount of free/available ram(out of 16GBs) was low. 10-12GBs free is a bit more practical.

Something's real funky with that SU750. Overheating? Damaged SATA cable? Perhaps one of those drives that had it's parts swapped out for something slower? IDK.

4745454b

Titan
You really need to go back and look at what I said the first time. You have a high idle/min CPU temp. You could have some throttling going on. Is your ram running in dual channel? At the correct speed? Nothing from my first reply has been touched by you. I'm not posting just to inflate my post count. There is "wisdom" in what I'm saying. Double check your clock speeds. Not just the CPU, but the RAM and GPU as well. Just because you bought 3000MHz ram doesn't mean it's running at that speed.

I mentioned your write speeds were slow, are they still slow? Did you ever look into why they were slow? Update drivers, try a different port, different cable, etc. I'm sorry, but you have to work to figure out what's going on.