Question Getting regular BSOD when running games.

Jul 21, 2022
Hello! My friend recently built a new system and it is having some problems with the BSOD.
His specs are as follows;
Ryzen 7 5800X
RX 6900 XT
Gigabyte X570S AERO G
Samsung 9
Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600
EVGA 1000 watt power supply

The system posts and can be used as normal, but when loading into a match on Halo Infinite, the whole system crashes and displays a BSOD. I’ve tested this to be the case with various other games, where eventually the game crashes; and it doesn’t always happen at one stage of loading the game.

First, I opened the memory dump and found the machine check error (0x0…124) this indicates that the hardware is the issue.
Then, I performed the memory check through the windows 11 tool that happens after a restart, which it passed. I did the disk drive check to find if the SSD was the issue, it passed. I loaded firmark and prime95 simultaneously to test if it was a power delivery or component stress issue, it passed/did not BSOD. I did all this after installing the latest drivers and windows 11 updates. Then, we reseated the RAM, CMOS battery, and GPU, (didn’t try the CPU/SSD yet), to no avail. I’m unsure what the cause of the error is, or what else I should check. Tomorrow I will try to install windows 10 and see if that fixes the issue, and I’m considering bringing my graphics card to test if that is the problem. Otherwise, I’m open to suggestions! Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello! My friend recently built a new system and it is having some problems with the BSOD.
His specs are as follows;
Ryzen 7 5800X
RX 6900 XT
Gigabyte Aero B550
Samsung 9
Corsair Vengeance RGB 3600
EVGA 1000 watt power supply

The system posts and can be used as normal, but when loading into a match on Halo Infinite, the whole system crashes and displays a BSOD. I’ve tested this to be the case with various other games, where eventually the game crashes; and it doesn’t always happen at one stage of loading the game.

First, I opened the memory dump and found the machine check error (0x0…124) this indicates that the hardware is the issue.
Then, I performed the memory check through the windows 11 tool that happens after a restart, which it passed. I did the disk drive check to find if the SSD was the issue, it passed. I loaded firmark and prime95 simultaneously to test if it was a power delivery or component stress issue, it passed/did not BSOD. I did all this after installing the latest drivers and windows 11 updates. Then, we reseated the RAM, CMOS battery, and GPU, (didn’t try the CPU/SSD yet), to no avail. I’m unsure what the cause of the error is, or what else I should check. Tomorrow I will try to install windows 10 and see if that fixes the issue, and I’m considering bringing my graphics card to test if that is the problem. Otherwise, I’m open to suggestions! Thank you!
which gigabyte aorus you do have? please be more detail. you could check it at cpuz > mainboard tab.

X570S AERO G
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• restart the pc to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot, save and exit, go to bios again, reflash to the latest bios (with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled), enable XMP (also set RttNom to 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr to 3 (or 80ohm), and RttPark to 1~3 (or 240~80ohm) for stability IF you're using 4x8gb single rank or 2X16gb Dual Ranked/2Rx8), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. after that check in Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > AMD Chipset Software and see if its already ver 4.06.xx that's installed.

• Install the latest radeon driver (22.5.2 cause 22.6.1 got alot of issues), reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png