[SOLVED] Getting relatively low FPS with 3080 FE

Kai_Blox

Honorable
Feb 11, 2016
PC build:
3080 FE (in right slot)
16gb 3200mz ram (xmp enabled, in right slots and 3200mz enabled in bios)
intel i7 9700k (doesn't overheat)
MSI z390 gaming pro carbon
850 watt corsair gold powersupply (2 power cables used to power GPU)

I build this PC late last year but only had a 960 as was waiting for the 30 series to come out.
The main two demanding games are tarkov where I drop down to 80fps on 1080p max settings and warzone where I set around 100 -120 fps.
I've see benchmarks online and they max out at 120fps on takov as this is the max fps and over 200 on warzone with same settings.
I did a clean installation of windows and wiped everything and still low FPS problems. It seems there are a few other people are having these problems but their issue didn't seem to be fixed.

Solution
Try this. In the games, find default, reset, 'set to default'. reset to default or 'reset game' etc. Online games like to remember your settings and sometimes remember crashes, gameplay and all kinds of weird stuff (maybe remembered your 960). Resetting and set to default erases all the that from remembering servers. It shouldn't effect your settings except in the game window, reset it to 'Full Screen'.
Hope this helps.

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Corsair have a number of PSU's in their product portfolio, what is the model of your unit and how old is it? Did you download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall your existing drivers prior to removing the GTX 960, to then have the RTX3080, then installing the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Kai_Blox

Honorable
Feb 11, 2016
Which BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Corsair have a number of PSU's in their product portfolio, what is the model of your unit and how old is it? Did you download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to uninstall your existing drivers prior to removing the GTX 960, to then have the RTX3080, then installing the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Did you fabricate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?
I have the latest bios version as I updated it and I don't have any 960 drivers as I did a fresh windows 10 install.
My PSU is a Corsair RM850x 80 PLUS Gold, 850 Watts, Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Unit

Rexer

Distinguished
Try this. In the games, find default, reset, 'set to default'. reset to default or 'reset game' etc. Online games like to remember your settings and sometimes remember crashes, gameplay and all kinds of weird stuff (maybe remembered your 960). Resetting and set to default erases all the that from remembering servers. It shouldn't effect your settings except in the game window, reset it to 'Full Screen'.
Hope this helps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS