Getting rid of Windows Messenger

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Hi all

I use MSN Messenger all the time, but lately my computer
keeps signing me into WIndows Messenger first whenever I
connect to the internet. Since Windows Messenger is vastly
vastly inferior, could someone please tell me how to get
rid of it from my computer? I have searched for the file
and cannot actually find the application anywhere on my
hard drive, so I don't even know where it's coming from.

Many thanks,
Jon

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:002d01c532b6$d0a5f160$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Jon <skabnoze@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Hi all
>
> I use MSN Messenger all the time, but lately my computer
> keeps signing me into WIndows Messenger first whenever I
> connect to the internet. Since Windows Messenger is vastly
> vastly inferior, could someone please tell me how to get
> rid of it from my computer? I have searched for the file
> and cannot actually find the application anywhere on my
> hard drive, so I don't even know where it's coming from.
>
> Many thanks,
> Jon

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/WindowsXP/tune-05.html

Remove Windows Messenger: